Road Test/Written/Physical Exam

Started by TheKid24, April 23, 2021, 10:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Hey guys so I did my exams last year in a group of 20. I believe this one coming up is going to be with Owen 1 on 1 so I have just a few questions.

1) for the pre-trip part is it the basic daily routine we do making sure all of our lights, buttons, alarms are working inside and outside of the bus? I took the new CDL exam to get hired two years ago and I had to go under the hood, does Owen make us do that part as well? Do we have to do the brake test as well? I'm just asking so I know if I need to brush up on that part?

2) for the physical exam what does it mean "wheel to control to wheel dexterity in 8 seconds for each" am I allowed to ask him to show me what I need to do for that because I never did the physical exam before lol.

WigWag

Dont sweat it ... just go around bus and check everything go in bus check alarms and that's it ... the physical performance is quite simple ...Owen will tell you exactly what to do.

TheKid24

Quote from: WigWag on April 23, 2021, 10:55:44 PM
Dont sweat it ... just go around bus and check everything go in bus check alarms and that's it ... the physical performance is quite simple ...Owen will tell you exactly what to do.

Thanks wig. So no going under the hood or brake test? Just basically what we do every day gotcha

Buzz

You are talking about 2 different test. The first you describe is the road test. The other one is the physical performance test. Which are you having? You only have either test every other year, so if you had them last year ... ???

Wheel to control ... he'll tell you to put on a switch ... flashing lights, or heater, or something else and then put your hand back on the wheel.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on April 24, 2021, 01:33:09 AM
You are talking about 2 different test. The first you describe is the road test. The other one is the physical performance test. Which are you having? You only have either test every other year, so if you had them last year ... ???

Wheel to control ... he'll tell you to put on a switch ... flashing lights, or heater, or something else and then put your hand back on the wheel.

Gotcha thanks Buzz