Mask Mandate????

Started by TheKid24, May 24, 2021, 09:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Now that mask mandates are being lifted......what will the company policy be? Especially with summer work?

yabba

i would think it is safe to say as long as mask are required in schools ,we will be wearing them on the bus...i think they said today,students already need mask in sept...

PROUD MEMBER

Even though the Governor agreed to the new CDC guidelines with regards to fully vaccinated people not having to wear masks, besides him saying with regards to indoors it's still up to the individual businesses he did say the masks will still be required on buses (at least for now).

sbdriver1

What's the air conditioning policy for the busses? How many times do you have to write up a bus before it's fixed?
Imagine having to wear masks in the summer with no A/C.

TheKid24

Quote from: sbdriver1 on May 25, 2021, 12:54:07 AM
What's the air conditioning policy for the busses? How many times do you have to write up a bus before it's fixed?

Ha I wish I had AC.....just got two fans with hot air and a mask 🤣

sbdriver1

Every bus should have air conditioning

PROUD MEMBER

At this time I don't believe there is an air conditioning policy (even in the summer) for all buses.
I "believe" that a bus or van only has to have a working AC if there is a child(ren) on it that requires it for medical reasons.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on May 24, 2021, 09:41:39 PM
Now that mask mandates are being lifted......what will the company policy be? Especially with summer work?

It's not a matter of company policy on the bus. That's entirely what the DOE dictates. (Of course it would not supersede state guidelines.)

As far as company policy, masks are no longer required in the yard, drivers room or office as far as I know.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on May 25, 2021, 12:54:07 AM

"Imagine having to wear masks in the summer with no A/C."
You do realize that probably 98% of buses don't have A/C, right?

It used to be that if a bus/van is equipped with air conditioning that it had to be in working order for DOT inspections. Don't know if that's still the case or if DOE inspectors look for it, but for sure if you carry a kid whose IEP stipulates an air-conditioned vehicle it better be working.

PROUD MEMBER

Bottom line ... If your bus or van has AC and it's not working ... WRITE IT UP ... if it isn't fixed and you're told to still use it, no matter what, you are covered from paying a violation if one is issued.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 25, 2021, 11:39:05 AM
Bottom line ... If your bus or van has AC and it's not working ... WRITE IT UP ... if it isn't fixed and you're told to still use it, no matter what, you are covered from paying a violation if one is issued.

Correct! And make a copy or take a picture of the write up.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on May 25, 2021, 03:10:04 PM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 25, 2021, 11:39:05 AM

Correct! And make a copy or take a picture of the write up.

Dumb question but how do you know if you have AC or not. If you switch the knob from heat to cool(in an old bus) and it blows out hot hair lol did we even have AC to begin with?

Buzz

And masks will still be required in schools in the fall so I have to assume that means on buses too ... even if the state changes that guideline by then.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/chancellor-s-message-for-families

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on May 25, 2021, 03:14:59 PM
Dumb question but how do you know if you have AC or not. If you switch the knob from heat to cool(in an old bus) and it blows out hot hair lol did we even have AC to begin with?

You don't have air conditioning ... very few buses do. There would be a separate control.

The vans have a/c and a few special ed buses. The only regular ed buses that I can think of that have it are #140-something, like 144. (could be a couple of others, but I can't think of any.)

hognol

[/quote]

HOLY!!!!!
[/quote]