Unemployment Rate

Started by TheKid24, June 02, 2021, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

So quick question? Since my rate went down from 504 to 358 during the pandemic would it go back up for my new claim in August given I worked this whole year ?

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

to get an idea,you can take your 3-26-2021 paycheck,and divide the year to date total by 26 .. or any other quarter total wages for that quarter  by 26..   that will give you you weekly UE payment

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on June 02, 2021, 05:01:06 PM
to get an idea,you can take your 3-26-2021 paycheck,and divide the year to date total by 26 .. or any other quarter total wages for that quarter  by 26..   that will give you you weekly UE payment

Lol doing that my rate actually goes down.....I'm under the impression the more you work your rate will go up...

yabba

13000.00 in a single quarter will get the 504. max...  hopefully you will have a higher quarter...  the lowest quarter for all of us would always be july august and sept.   

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on June 02, 2021, 06:01:19 PM
13000.00 in a single quarter will get the 504. max...  hopefully you will have a higher quarter...  the lowest quarter for all of us would always be july august and sept.

I just did the paycheck from last week. My year to date says 14,711.11 and 15,765.67 is 565/606 and we aren't in June yet. So would I get the 504 max including June given April May June will be my highest quarter ?

March 26 year to date was 8,647.39 and 8,823.15 is 332/339

yabba

yes i think it the highest of the  last 4 quarters... im not sure when you open a new claim.... hopefully april may and june will be reported and show up for you ..

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on June 02, 2021, 11:59:56 PM
yes i think it the highest of the  last 4 quarters... im not sure when you open a new claim.... hopefully april may and june will be reported and show up for you ..

August. I don't see why it wouldn't. Based off what you said originally then I should be back at 504 if last checks showed my year to date at 15,765 with another full month of work yet which my year to date will go up more

Buzz

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on June 03, 2021, 02:09:46 AM
Did you try using this?

https://webapps.labor.ny.gov/dolweb/benefit-rate-calculator/

Not yet. I just don't know what figures I need to put in for each quarter. Do I add up my take
Home for all 3 months per quarter pre tax/after tax? According to Yabba it's whatever your year to date is times 26. My year to date in march was 8 grand in change, my year to date last week was 15 grand in change. One would assume when I apply in august my high quarter will be April-June

Buzz

First of all, Yabba said DIVIDE not multiply your highest quarter by 26.

By August, your quarters will be Jul-Sept 2020, Oct-Dec 2020, Jan-Mar 2021 and Apr-Jun 2021. The highest of those 4 quarters will probably be Apr-Jun of this year. Figure out what that is ...GROSS pay ... and divide by 26 ... or use those figures in the calculator I linked above,.

You can't go by "year to date" because that is only the calendar year, not the last 12 months.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on June 03, 2021, 01:52:09 PM

By August, your quarters will be Jul-Sept 2020, Oct-Dec 2020, Jan-Mar 2021 and Apr-Jun 2021. The highest of those 4 quarters will probably be Apr-Jun of this year. Figure out what that is ...GROSS pay ... and divide by 26 ... or use those figures in the calculator I linked above,.

You can't go by "year to date" because that is only the calendar year, not the last 12 months.

Gotcha...using the dates they provide we were sorta out of work the first two quarters, do I put my unemployment figures in there too or do I not factor in the UI money we got since we were out of work.

Also if your alternate period is higher than your basic period do they give you the alternate pay ? Or do they take the higher of the two?

yabba

unemployment wages  doesnt count.... just the wages you earn from pioneer and any other so called  on the books job you may have if any..  sorry to confuse you with the year to date,(thats only good for the !st quarter of a year)...  the wages dont carry over from quarter to quarter.. the wages unemployment  uses are just that,wages earned in each quarter..   also if your alternate quarter is the highest,you may be able to request to use that quarter.. not sure if that exactly how it works...   using the words of former office worker we had...Hang in there... every year will get better and before you know it you will be at max UE...

TheKid24

Quote from: TheKid24 on June 03, 2021, 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: Buzz on June 03, 2021, 01:52:09 PM

Gotcha, if I did the numbers right I went from 358 to either 396 or 398 due to to 4/1/20-6/30/20 wasn't that big due to the pandemic I think we only
Got like 4 paychecks form pioneer
Gotcha...using the dates they provide we were sorta out of work the first two quarters, do I put my unemployment figures in there too or do I not factor in the UI money we got since we were out of work.

Also if your alternate period is higher than your basic period do they give you the alternate pay ? Or do they take the higher of the two?

Buzz

Why would you use the quarter of Apr - Jun of last year? Wouldn't you have made more Jul - Sept of '20? At least we worked a little in September.

I would think Jul-Sept 2020, Oct-Dec 2020, Jan-Mar 2021 and Apr-Jun 2021 would be the best four of your last 5 quarters as of this August.