Weekly Tests Or Vaccine

Started by TheKid24, September 03, 2021, 09:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Just heard from a matron that Andrew said today that drivers/matrons are going to need a weekly Covid test or vaccinated....

Buzz

This is TRUE and we will be getting an email about it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

steady

Under the category new CDC guideline it was just as I expected in my message. 

docjones

Will the company be paying for the testing?

TheKid24

Quote from: docjones on September 04, 2021, 04:21:17 AM
Will the company be paying for the testing?

Probably not given that it is OUR choice...it's covered by insurance anyway so. So then how would that work too? Get tested and wait 3 days to make sure I'm clean because I'm sure it has to be a lab test since rapids don't work. It's a joke

Buzz

I've been advised that we should keep this on hold for the time being until we get further word from the company.

steady

They should give a grace period.  The notices haven't gone out to everyone.  Teachers had sufficient notice , not the busing industry.  Many bus drivers won't be able to drive on the first day ofschool because of this last minute decision. It would be a disaster lol

Buzz

But wouldn't anybody be able to get a test this week and have the results before the 13th?

TheKid24

I'm curious as to how it would go down...you go for a test Monday. Get the results Wednesday...so now you're good the rest of the week ? Do you have to go pick the results up and bring it to work or can they call the company with your results

Buzz

A lot of our questions will probably be answered if and when we get an email from the company on this topic.

steady

The problem is that members have still yet to be notified officially.  I spoke to one member yesterday and he was unaware of this mandate. One can't expect everyone to be vaccinated or tested in time for the start of school.  Some members are on vacations or whatever personal matters that may be.  Some members won't be present for their pick either.  Sufficient notification still not  been given. I had a flu shot recently.  I was told that you have to have a 30 day break between the time of a flu shot and Covid vaccination.  You can't have both in close time.

Buzz

You raise some valid points, steady. It will be interesting to see how they will be addressed. We still don't even know if this mandate is going to be from the company or the DOE. I would assume the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.

(And what about the 3-foot distancing rule? Is that going to apply to buses as well?}

Buzz

Also strikes me as very odd that students this year are not required to undergo COVID testing in school, as they were last year. Completely voluntary, even though they're not old enough to be vaccinated.

This doesn't make any sense.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 06, 2021, 03:46:11 PM
You raise some valid points, steady. It will be interesting to see how they will be addressed. We still don't even know if this mandate is going to be from the company or the DOE. I would assume the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.

(And what about the 3-foot distancing rule? Is that going to apply to buses as well?}

According to the new guidelines I last saw there isn't socially distancing anymore on the bus for students just wear a mask