Which side of the fence is he on?

Started by Buzz, May 22, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I don't get it. On the back of the campaign slick of the bios of know-nothings on his slate, there is a picture of Salerno with a bullhorn at an EPP rally. (Wearing his 1181 delegate's jacket no less.) Yet now he says we don't need the EPP. Does anybody know where he stands on this? Does he? Straddling a fence often results in a groin injury.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I personally asked him face to face this morning about the EPP. He said and I quote "We need the EPP reinstated and without it this Local is in bad shape and that his people are already in contact with city & state government." That is what he said, if there is any truth to it or not I don't know. But as Ernie said to me "Whatelse could he say."

PROUD MEMBER

One last thing with regards to Tommy Salerno. After speaking with him this morning I feel he truly believes he can help this Local. Having said that I also feel he will say just about anything to get elected. Regardless of who runs against the Cordiello Slate I believe it is definitely in our best interest to vote for Micheal & his entire slate. If things were as they were just two years ago then I might look at other options. Right now the Cordiello Slate is the ONLY way to go. We need their experience and resources. Don't blame them for what Bloomberg did!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 22, 2014, 03:12:31 PM
I personally asked him face to face this morning about the EPP. He said and I quote "We need the EPP reinstated and without it this Local is in bad shape and that his people are already in contact with city & state government." That is what he said, if there is any truth to it or not I don't know. But as Ernie said to me "Whatelse could he say."

Did you ask him why his web page said the EPP is "not the solution" as I posted in another thread?

Buzz

Also, I didn't see any mention of the EPP in anything they handed out this morning. Is there ANYTHING more important?

Yes, he'll say anything to get elected.

PROUD MEMBER

U asked "Does anybody know where he stands on this?" And I told you that I asked and what he said. I also stated that I'm voting for Cordiello. Now your asking me if I asked him about what was said on a web page. I'm curious why you didn't ask him yourself this morning in person?

PROUD MEMBER

Brothers & Sisters
Start checking the mail. I received my ballot today. Make sure you get yours within the next few days. If not make inquires. It is due in by 9am June 12, 2014. Make sure your voice is heard. VOTE THE CORDIELLO SLATE!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 22, 2014, 06:15:47 PM
U asked "Does anybody know where he stands on this?" And I told you that I asked and what he said. I also stated that I'm voting for Cordiello. Now your asking me if I asked him about what was said on a web page. I'm curious why you didn't ask him yourself this morning in person?

Chill. It was a rhetorical question.

PROUD MEMBER

I understand it was a rhetorical question and it's a mood point anyway. I already sent my ballot back for the Cordiello Slate as I am sure you will do or have already done the same. But I am still curious why you didn't ask him in person. When someone is making statements about this Local which can effect my family's future I want to hear it directly from the horses mouth not second hand. Let's not forget Tom Salerno could be our next President/Business Agent.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 23, 2014, 02:13:30 AM
But I am still curious why you didn't ask him in person.

What's the point of listening to what isn't the truth? If you KNOW you're going to be bullshitted, it's just a waste of time.

terminator

PROUD MEMBER

The point of listening is that is how our government is set up. You have candidates you listen, you make a choice and you vote. Usually I agree with you but this time it makes no sense to me. So your saying your voting for Cordiello and not even interested in what Salerno has to say yet you'll print quotes of his on this site and when you get the chance to confront him you don't. I'm sure there are some Salerno backers who will not listen to what Michael has to say and just vote because they think they are being lied to. Also if EVERYONE had that thought process why would either candidate campaign. Just put your name on a ballot today and have an election tomorrow.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 23, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
The point of listening is that is how our government is set up. You have candidates you listen, you make a choice and you vote. Usually I agree with you but this time it makes no sense to me. So your saying your voting for Cordiello and not even interested in what Salerno has to say yet you'll print quotes of his on this site and when you get the chance to confront him you don't.

In case you missed it, below is what he had on his site BEFORE I posted this screenshot here and called attention to it. Then it mysteriously disappeared. I will believe what I have proof of over what somebody "says" ... which is very easy to deny later on. What is below CANNOT be denied. If you want to entertain a double-talking, "tell 'em what they want to hear" campaigner, and somehow believe that makes you a more astute voter, be my guest.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 23, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
The point of listening is that is how our government is set up. You have candidates you listen, you make a choice and you vote. Usually I agree with you but this time it makes no sense to me. So your saying your voting for Cordiello and not even interested in what Salerno has to say yet you'll print quotes of his on this site and when you get the chance to confront him you don't. I'm sure there are some Salerno backers who will not listen to what Michael has to say and just vote because they think they are being lied to. Also if EVERYONE had that thought process why would either candidate campaign. Just put your name on a ballot today and have an election tomorrow.

By the way, something you should be aware of: Incumbents have to be very careful as to what they say about the opposition. As representatives of the union, they can easily be brought up on charges by other candidates and sanctioned by the international.

On the other hand, the opposition can tell whatever lies they want, distort whatever they want, and level all kinds of accusations with virtually NO consequences. If this somehow makes them credible to you and worthy of your time, feel free to talk to them all day long.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
With regards to our little discussion about speaking to Salerno I'm gonna have to call it quits obviously we are on a completely different page which is fine. As far as me being a MORE astute voter by talking to an alleged liar I'm assuming you mean me personally as opposed to being more astute over my fellow voters. Which I do. As always best wishes to All of our Brothers & Sisters (that includes Michael, Tommy & You).

terminator

Buzz...it is amazing how you post that he said the 'EPP is not the solution" and people still want to back this guy! I agree with your theory about these guys voting 'blind' - if a bowling ball was running against Michael they would vote for the bowling ball...LMAO

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on May 24, 2014, 10:35:21 PM
Buzz...it is amazing how you post that he said the 'EPP is not the solution" and people still want to back this guy! I agree with your theory about these guys voting 'blind' - if a bowling ball was running against Michael they would vote for the bowling ball...LMAO

There are people who are just ripe for believing the lies. They accept them as gospel. It's sad.

gigi11744

If you keep repeating it some will start to believe..and that is just wrong .. like some  people have said Tommy is just looking out for Tommy..Its easy to attack an incumbent,,Show me how  you are going to fix it ,not laying on micheals back..Thats the easy way out