LaborPress interview with Michael

Started by Buzz, May 24, 2014, 01:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I especially like the last part ... about Salerno people threatening members at Grandpa's ....

Taken from this article ... http://laborpress.org/sectors/green-initiatives/3749-atu-1181-prez-seeking-third-term
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

snypster

I just got  a flyer in the mail for the salerno slate. To me, their qualifactions  are very unimpressive. They have nowhere near the experience of the cordiello slate. Also, they have a history of telling lies to the union members to make  Cordiello look bad. This is scary, since there are actually some ignorant members who are going to vote for them. Lets hope the members do their research and make the wise choice of voting for THE CORDIELLO SLATE

PROUD MEMBER

Snypster
I agree with your last post with the exception of one line, "since there are some ignorant members." It appears to me that your stating that the Cordiello Slate is much more qualified then the Salerno Slate which I agree with 100%. Apparently this may be a close election and we need to promote and encourage the Cordiello Slate in a positive way. Do you really think calling fellow members ignorant will help to have them really study the election and change their vote?

terminator

Some people are ignorant by being 'blind' and not checking out the FACTS. The opposition will always try to say they current leadership 'didn't do anything' in regards to issues that in reality couldn't be changed.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 24, 2014, 09:40:06 PM
I agree with your last post with the exception of one line, "since there are some ignorant members." It appears to me that your stating that the Cordiello Slate is much more qualified then the Salerno Slate which I agree with 100%. Apparently this may be a close election and we need to promote and encourage the Cordiello Slate in a positive way. Do you really think calling fellow members ignorant will help to have them really study the election and change their vote?

From dictionary.com:

ig·no·rant
[ig-ner-uhnt]
adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

I would say, according to definition, he used the correct word ... as would apply to many Salerno supporters (see #2) and slate members (see#1) alike.

There are those who will vote for Salerno simply because he's not Cordiello. What could that be attributed to if not ignorance?

Rock Steady

I like what he had to say, and I am voting for him.  But there is a bit of untruth in this clip when asked about pay . Our salaries did stay the same but we did lose money. I'm out an entire week of summer pay along with February and Easter. So we did lose money from our annual salary.

PROUD MEMBER

My last 10 or so posts on this site have been to promote Michael and politely try to persuade Salerno supporters to change their opinion and vote for the Cordiello Slate. Yet many of my Fellow Union Members (members who are actually Cordiello backers) will come on this site and not only bad mouth Salerno but bad mouth Fellow Members (people who are concerned for the future of their families as we are) who happen to think Salerno is the better choice. When you call someone ignorant no matter the definition you give or how you try to justify using the word it only makes that person more one sided and uninterested in anything or anyone else. I work at Pioneer which is mostly Cordiello backers (at least on the outside) and over the last couple of weeks was on the borderline with my vote. After making a few phone calls, talking to other members, speaking & questioning both candidates I made my decision that the ENTIRE CORDIELLO SLATE is BEST for this Local especially at this time. I also POLITELY convinced two fellow drivers at Pioneer who were going to vote for Salerno to vote for Cordiello. I seriously doubt if I would have called them ignorant that they would have even entertained my conversation.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 25, 2014, 02:50:22 AM
Whatever

LOL ... I knew that would rankle you, though I expected a much lengthier response. Just breaking your balls. I'm sorry.

PROUD MEMBER

We truly need every vote. We truly need the Cordiello Slate. Have a good night!

snypster

Proud member,you made your point,so give it a rest already and lets move on! i am not trying to insult the members who want to vote for salerno, but the truth is that  many of them are ignorant or unknowledgable {thank you Buzz ,for the definition of ignorant}to the facts. I am with SNT    {consolidated} and  there are a good number of members who are going to vote for the salerno slate. When i ask them why, they cannot give me a reason, except that they dont want Cordiello as president anymore. [i actually heard one salerno supporter saying that he rather have a "blind dog" as president rather than Cordiello.] I tell these people that they are making decisions  with their emotions and not their head. i also tell them that they are ignorant of the facts and they should try to come to a union meeting and/or investigate the facts before making any decisions. Many of these people are my  good friends and they do not get insulted or take offense. Proud member, you are making a huge issue out of nothing. In my experience,Most of the salerno supporters are diehards,and you can say whatever you want and it will not change their minds. If you want to talk to the members politely and try to convince them to vote for the cordiello slate by kissing their ass, go ahead. i am just telling it like it is, and I make no apologies.  {P.s if you were  referring to me badmouthing the Salerno slate, all i said was that their qualifications were not impressive. how is that badmouthing anybody?  proudmember,lets keep our  eye on the ball  }

PROUD MEMBER

My eye is on the ball. I believe this Local needs Michael who in turn needs every vote possible. I'm not kissing anyone's ass but you are correct I am making some what of a big deal of calling a fellow Member ignorant. Using that word as compared to unknowledgable is two different things. The bottom line is to get as many votes for the Cordiello Slate as possible. It is my opinion that talking and explaining why The Cordiello Slate is better for this Local in a calm polite (not ass kissing-which makes no sense-being nice to fellow members to me is not ass kissing-it's being nice) manner as opposed to insulting them MAY get some to change their opinions. More importantly I believe it is unbecoming any Union Member to insult a Fellow Brother or Sister no matter what their believes. Also I am not looking for you to apologize for anything. I have my opinions & you have yours and I respect that.

snypster

Okay, I am always polite to all union members whether on this site or in person. I certainly did not intend to insult anyone. Maybe we can move on now

PROUD MEMBER