Cordiello Slate Wins

Started by Buzz, June 13, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

It was by a very narrow margin, but the entire Cordiello slate did win. Don't have the figures yet, but it was hardly a "mandate." I think they're all going to have to do a little introspection to figure out why it was so close and what changes they might need to make to re-instill confidence in some of the members who didn't vote for them.

Congratulations to all.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

24yrs1181

To all our supporters, thank you, the union has spoken the votes are in, out of the almost 13,000 ballots mailed out to the members, only about 1/3 were mailed back , Michael Cordiello 2904, Thomas salerno 2749, it was a narrow victory , 155 votes ,  parts of which will be in protest , 623 ballots are in question and remain unopened and not counted , these are the votes that are being protested,  but for now, good luck to the Cordiello slate, may they always work in the members best interest. John Israel

PROUD MEMBER

Someone please clarify is Michael DEFINITELY our President for the next 3 years or is there still a chance Tommy could be?

Goose623

What would an election be without some sort of protest....

Grrr

I immediately saw the results of Mike's last term as president when I opened my check this morning.  Atta boy, Mike.   

Just_Right

You still want to stir the shit pot.Why is it you can't get in your head the salerno slate could never win . Even without you john.Go back under your rock.

1union

We are all in this together let's stand as one and help them hear us. Thanks to all who put themselves out there now let's get behind our President and secure our jobs

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on June 14, 2014, 02:41:39 AM
You still want to stir the shit pot.Why is it you can't get in your head the salerno slate could never win . Even without you john.Go back under your rock.

The poster isn't John. He always posts under his own name.

And, truthfully, the vote was way too close to say Salerno could "never" win. This really could have gone either way and should be a wake up call to the incumbents. To have half the membership vote against you has to indicate that there is work to be done to regain some of these peoples' support.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Well said Buzz. I agree 100%.

1union

Just right you are out of line with you're comment on john. Go tell him to his face he is waiting for you .  Or you just another computer tough guy! Grow up and be careful he knows who you are.

PROUD MEMBER

24yrs1181
Two questions. Was your last post your words or John Israel's? Secondly, what is the reason that 623 ballots remain unopened & not counted?

1union

I think they might be ballots from members not working but iam not sure .

1union

Let's let the lawyers fight that won ! We have to protect our jobs before O P T picks us apart.

24yrs1181

So I am going to answer Proud Members questions, he asked them like a gentleman, unlike that pinhead out there, first 24yrs1181 is  John Israel , you can see that as I sign what I post, I was trying only to fill in the gaps on the election results that Buzz did not have at that time. So the important question is in in reference to the 623 , in my best opinion the unions eligible mailing list at some point was like a Chinese fire drill, thousands getting taken off, many hundreds being put back on, displaced workers having their union dues being checked before ballot mailings,also members that had been placed in multiple companies after Atlantic were checked if they had any gaps in dues collection before being placed back on the list, lets just say it was a shit storm of eligibility problems that for the most part were corrected to the point that the union issued their ballot mailing list out to their printer. At the counting  the union said that the 623 in question were ballots of ineligible members that were mailed out in error, Salerno's lawyers asked for the names of the 623 so we could check it against our list of eligible voters and the Cordiello lawyers refused the give the names, and that is where it stands as of today, 623 unopened and un counted sealed in a box until the lawyers figure it out, 1 union said it best, this is for the lawyers to work on,  now is the time to make sure that our industry, and our jobs are not flushed down the toilette, this mayor needs give us back the dam EPP, that contract that keeps the citys children the safest transported school children in the country, and the union needs to bring us all back to ONE UNION ONE CONTRACT, and then, maybe, we can begin to regain some of what what was taken from us,, its enough allready!!!  fraternally yours , John Israel

PROUD MEMBER

Thank you John for your response it is appreciated. I just like to add that I do not know either Michael or Tommy personally although I have met and spoken to the both of them on a few occasions over the years. I truly believe that they both have the best interest of this Local in mind which made it hard for me to cast my ballot. I finally decided on Michael mainly because I felt with the negotiations going on with the Mayor's office with regards to the EPP and worrying about our Pension & Welfare I thought it best that the experienced incumbent be re elected. Last election I voted for Tommy. I am not one that believes in the trash talk. I am one that believes in one United Union and in our election process. So no matter who wins an election that is who I am behind. So now with regards to the 623 ballots as you said let the lawyers figure it out. Although I would appreciate and believe that we are all entitled to an answer now from Michael why the names of those ballots were not turned over. Is there something in the election process that denies access? What is the difference if the Union believes there not eligible ballots then what's the big deal?