Let's Ban together!!

Started by Bluebird, October 15, 2014, 01:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hognol

This was quoted by Worker 341.  The City Workers killed this job and the Union allowed it. Look around one day and count how many city workers have new buses. And the GM is a city worker. How many city workers lost their jobs. I don't know of any, do you.

This is the most idiotic statement I've ever read on this site.  I don't know how you consider the city workers killed this job. In what way did they kill it? The majority of this industry in the 5 boroughs are not city workers.  I was a city worker and I do not have a new bus and have been here 7 years.  And as for us not losing our jobs, I can assure you being a city worker has nothing to do with Owen not firing us if he had the chance to do so.  We just know how to cover our ass.  Owen, in my opinion is a strange man. Doesn't look you in the eye, says hello one day and the next he'll walk right by you... But he is a tyrant because that's exactly what Neil wants.  He is the GM and part of his job is to get rid of the senior people who they can fire and save his company money.

Squid

Quote from JT
"We just know how to cover our ass" ....
Exactly .  Maybe the most useful skill that one can learn.

worker341

Seems like I had upset some people by my statement. This site is a good site, gives you a chance to vent like most of us do on this site. John I don't know how many years you have in Pioneer however you have many more years then me which makes you one of those seniors you said have their heads in the sand. My point is would you like to rotate trips or work in the summer, I don't mind if you would do my trips or work for me in the summer. So is your head in the sand too. As for city workers most of them are very nice people, and I am sorry if I offended most of them. However when it came to signing off on benefits and receiving $3,000.00 a year how many city workers ran to sign up for it. And yes the Union say it was ok. Is this still going on I really don't know does anyone know. And let us all remember Owen and Neil I believe also read this site as well as people from other Companies. My point is the more we vent the smarter they get. I end by saying Owen and Neil you have the best workers here in Staten Island treat us with respect and pay us what we are worth and stop taking back from us more money we all have families counting on us so stop tthe crying that you are losing money we all know it is bullshit. Again I am sorry if I offended anyone let the chips fall as they may.

Tommy Gall

You are so right worker.....   This former city worker has a new bus today.... As a spare...  I love it! It has an air horn and everything!   ;D :)) As for us ruining your job, you need to look elsewhere for those to blame for that.... We now have the same job as you and want, need and hope for the same benefits for our families as you do. The silly jealousy of those of us who had city jobs isn't gonna cut it anymore. I'll stop now, collect my stuff out of my nice spare and go find my shit box of a bus and hope it runs today.....

PROUD MEMBER

Apparently Bloomberg has & is doing exactly what he set out to do before he left office. BREAK OUR UNION!!!! So far I think the number is between 2500 to 4000 members out of work. Secondly, our Local is now negotiating separate contracts at each property. And NOW members at each property are fighting (at least at Pioneer) amongst ourselves. This Local is literally hanging on by a thread!! Shouldn't we be "Banding Together" instead of "Ripping Apart".

Rock Steady

I'm gonna say this !  If I have to vote on a contract that is asking me to pay more for something or give up anything else, it's a solid NO !  These are things I'm hearing. I want my money back.

worker341

Now lets see how many dopes sign another shit contract. All I hear is ban togther it will never happen some people on this job keep saying we are lucky to have a job. Maybe luck should run out for all of us and vote no. When the count comes in then we will all see how much we are banning togehter. I will vote no and no and no to all the give backs. Stop the bullshit Niel. Pay us all the right pay and stop putting more money in your pocket you have enough money stop the crying. 

PROUD MEMBER

Eventhough Neil is still working under the same contract with the BOE we at Pioneer were basically told it was in our best interest to ratify the last contract eventhough it had give backs. We were told it was the best contract industry wide and I like the majority of us at Pioneer bought into it. I'm not saying it wasn't the best contract offer out there but it just a shame that we gave back and Neil's pay remained the same. That's said & done and we can't change that. Now the rumors are starting which unfortunately I believe to be true about more givebacks, paying more into medical, etc... Another rumor I hear is that Neil is going to get a two year extension. Which if true is definitely good news for the members at Pioneer. If he does get an extension then there is no way we should be asked to pay or give up anything. In the amendment to the contract we last signed (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) I'm sure it read if Neil was to get an extension that he would have to sit down and renegotiate the contract. That suggests to me that the renegotiation would be in our favor and not his!! Has anyone else heard of an extension?

hognol

If he gets an extension, I agree, there should be no give backs. However, if the next round of bids go out in May without the EPP, we are truly in deep shit.  And that statement we keep hearing "You're lucky to have a job" will be an understatement.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on October 24, 2014, 11:08:51 PM
If he gets an extension, I agree, there should be no give backs. However, if the next round of bids go out in May without the EPP, we are truly in deep shit.  And that statement we keep hearing "You're lucky to have a job" will be an understatement.

The work has been put out for bid a long time ago. May is when the bids are due/opened.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.