New Contract Discussion

Started by Buzz, February 09, 2016, 05:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air_Brakes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion based upon personal needs.  Based upon a review I only see the 1% raises and raises for the new guys.  No sick days, it's taken out of our accrual, no pension increase, nothing pertaining to what we previously lost.  I'm voting no. 

rc1790

This is a reason why we should have Pioneer  only union meetings. There are more questions than answers and 2 days to digest it and vote. What is the rush to vote? Where are the union heads to explain this offer?

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on February 10, 2016, 04:24:55 PM
New hires seem to benefit the most. 17.50 an hour,5 sick days without paying for them, medical after a year, and raises on top of it. Talk about
the opposite of eating your young. They may some day replace the rest of us. Drivers with 3 years on are at the 17 dollar level.

Yep, it struck me the same way. It's as if they're pitting the senior drivers against the new hires. And they will replace us. They probably had to up the starting pay to attract more drivers who will never see much more than that.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on February 10, 2016, 05:05:38 PM
This is a reason why we should have Pioneer  only union meetings. There are more questions than answers and 2 days to digest it and vote. What is the rush to vote? Where are the union heads to explain this offer?

Ernie was there after the morning run to answer any questions and probably will be throughout the day.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on February 10, 2016, 03:17:17 PM
Buzz and ALL the Think Tankers are sitting at the round table trying to come up with a way to SELL this to us at Pioneer! Why do you think it's taking him sooooooooo Looooooong to respond?

Not me. You can't put enough lipstick on this contract to make it look like anything but a pig.

Grrr

So, you're going to vote NO also.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on February 10, 2016, 03:17:17 PM
Buzz and ALL the Think Tankers are sitting at the round table trying to come up with a way to SELL this to us at Pioneer! Why do you think it's taking him sooooooooo Looooooong to respond?

Hmmm ... maybe because I was told to bring my bus back after the a.m. run and they didn't have a fu#king bus to give me ...

Buzz

Actually, I'm in favor of NOT voting, waiting to see what happens with the EPP ... then voting.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on February 10, 2016, 04:34:06 PM
Buzz let me school you on what I Think. I HAVE negotiated contracts in the real estate industry. I KNOW what it takes to get things to finality. THIS IS A FUCKING EMBARRASSMENT! And to think that there is NOT is tunnel vision on your part. Cordiello negotiated the 5 sicks days OUT of the CBA for 1181. I understand that this web site is a filter for the business of 1181. PLEASE don't insult our INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as if real estate is in any way related to labor negotiations, why don't you tell us exactly what Michael should have done to get us everything we wanted?

Do you people honestly believe that any union president would purposely present the members with a contract like this ... only to be bashed and hammered ... if there were any possible way he could have done any better? These owners are immovable. They believe they have us over a barrel, their greed and lack of concern for the people who earn them their millions know no bounds. Short of a strike ... and maybe even then ... there is no way they were getting off their high-horses at the bargaining table. After 19 meetings I can't agree that the union didn't make every attempt to squeeze whatever they could out of them.

John Eadicicco

The reason for the bashing is lack of transparency from 1181. From what I read from Ernie we were getting 3/4 of what we lost back! Elected officials should try N get SOME feedback from the rank and file!

John Eadicicco

The EPP is a dead issue until one contract negotaited for ALL companies!

Grrr

Turn off the capital letters, use spell check, and shorten all your posts by 90%.

24yrs1181

At least you are not criticizing the content ( short enough) 

Buzz

... And try hitting the "Enter" key twice to form paragraphs. I'm not even going to try to read it.

(But I'm sure Salerno would have negotiated a contract that would have made us employee-owners of the company.)

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on February 10, 2016, 10:26:34 PM

(But I'm sure Salerno would have negotiated a contract that would have made us employee-owners of the company.)

I doubt he would have sold us out like Mike did.