New Contract Discussion

Started by Buzz, February 09, 2016, 05:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Everybody will vote no, but the fix will be in.  aka:  Mike the Great Negotiator, 2008 remember.  From Buzz's mouth to my ears!!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on February 10, 2016, 11:03:16 PM
Everybody will vote no, but the fix will be in.  aka:  Mike the Great Negotiator, 2008 remember.  From Buzz's mouth to my ears!!!!!

I don't think newer drivers will vote no. I don't think people who can't do without medical coverage will vote no, even though many of them won't actually be in favor of it.

I don't understand your reference to 2008, but how could "Mike" have forced them to give us any more? Tell us.

And ... "the fix" ... just a stupid comment. (Was "the fix" in at Reliant? Not once, but THREE times? Or Atlantic, for that matter.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: 4real on February 10, 2016, 04:52:06 PM
Buzz I've officially lost all respect for you and now know for sure you write what you are told to write Michael is all to blame,  he should have taken a page out of the Neil's book and got up and walked out of negotiations before even considering showing this to the members... Come on Buzz who does is to blame

Yes, and that would have gotten us an imposed contract again. He did exactly what he is supposed to do ... take their best offer and present it to us. That is his job, that is his obligation. He does not have the right to decide whether or not we should accept their offer without us even seeing it ... he has to present it to us for ratification ... or not. That is entirely up to us.

p.s...
Quote from: 4real on February 10, 2016, 04:52:06 PM
... and now know for sure you write what you are told to write ...

Right ... and they told me to write that this contract sucks. (That was just an asinine comment.)

Air_Brakes

In contract negotiations, both parties should feel the outcome  is a win-win situation. Do not present it unless you feel that way.  That is the reason he should not have presented this.   :thumbdown:

Just_Right

Is it a shitty contract? You bet.
Is it the best out there? Who knows but I don't believe it's going to get any better with a No vote.

I for one can't afford to vote NO.I am voting HELL YES.! You see I am not one of the MANY who opted out of our medical which drove the numbers down that someone posted on fb.I need my medical for myself and family. A NO vote takes away my medical and possibly my job. I am doing this way to long to start a new career.

Oh and does everyone know that those that opted out of our medical receive about $3,000.00 a year from the same man they hate. That's right Neil gives a check to all those who opted out. So my answer is this. How dare anyone try to sway anyone's vote to NO that has NO other means of income? The people who do this as a second job, they have money coming in every month ie pension and health benefits. The city takes care of their retires very well. I don't have that luxury. So I say VOTE for what suits your needs. NOT what someone who yells louder or stands up and says fuck this company when they get paid to be out of MY Medical. If you only have this job as your primary income with medical,don't make a mistake that would please the ones who do.

hognol

I honestly thought Neil would rise to the occasion and give us a much better contract based on his very profitable contract with the city.  He could of shined like a star, but instead his continuous greed and love for money is much more important to him than his employees.

I saw John Eadicicco's post on Facebook and unfortunately people are afraid to voice their opinions due to the retaliation that Owen and Neil can impose.  I would have to say a 'no' vote is in order for this pathetic contract.

Buzz

Quote from: Air_Brakes on February 11, 2016, 12:10:57 AM
In contract negotiations, both parties should feel the outcome  is a win-win situation. Do not present it unless you feel that way.  That is the reason he should not have presented this.   :thumbdown:

Actually, it's said a good contract is one in which neither side is happy. I think Neil is happy.

Buzz

This is a re-post from Ernie's post on Facebook:

From Ernie:
I'm sorry for all the disarray at Arthur Kill yard this morning. What I brought forward to the family at Pioneer is only the truth about our medical. I myself don't have a secondary insurance and its easy for people to kill this contract who are opt outs in our company, Due to having insurance in other places. People asked for the facts and that is exactly what I am giving you there are no ghosts here.

I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing that the union is selling people out. After almost 20 sessions of negotiations this is what we wound up with. Sadly I'm not pleased with the contract either and no one is telling you to vote a specific way You vote the way you want. I did not use this as a scare tactic. I just gave you all the facts. This contract came together by trying to save the medical with the city's helping hand. The owners of the large companies are putting in over $37 million dollars to make this medical plan solvent .

As Deanna said we should have stayed out on the strike line and fought then for what we wanted not now. But we all know we were beginning to divide and people couldn't to stay out without medical. So I would like to know what changed now? And most importantly the people that are speaking out that want to strike now HAVE medical. But for others that have no medical becomes a big burden. It is not scare tactics it is facts and blaming Michael and union is very unfair. This is the hand he was dealt and had to work with what he had.

Just to reiterate that a NO vote is a strike vote. The city said if there is a strike they will pull the money back they gave for the medical. Once again true facts. Is it fair??? Absolutely not! Is it fact? Absolutely it is. So be wise when you vote.

As far as I am concerned as your Shop Steward I cannot look back at what we lost because we put it on the table and they refused to deal with us for the first seven sessions. They stood and walked out of our negotiations .Even having a federal mediator in the room. If you look at the contract. We lost nothing at this time .We have moved forward. I am not discounting what we lost prior to this contract. And yes we all would have loved to get back what he took away under false pretenses I am in the yard if anyone wants to speak to me about this contract. Please see me. I will give you facts and facts only.
Ernie

worker341

Its a no no vote for me. A no vote does not mean a strike vote thats bullshit. They should give us 30 days before voting, by then the weather will be better and now we vote no to this fucked up contract and lets see how fast a no vote is a strike vote when we walk out in much warmer weather. For me its a No No vote now or later.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on February 11, 2016, 02:01:26 AM
A no vote does not mean a strike vote thats bullshit.

I would love to find an alternative. What would that be?

(And before you answer consider the fact that Neil told Ernie, in regard to the contract, "If you don't like it, get your strike signs ready.")

PROUD MEMBER

worker341
I really don't understand your last post about 30 days and warmer weather. Please explain.

PROUD MEMBER

Today I went back to the yard at 8:00am and stayed there until 10:45am. With a combined 500 drivers & matrons at Pioneer SI and considering the importance of going back to the yard and not only asking Ernie questions but at the same time listening to other Members questions and statements I am disappointed in many of my fellow Members. I understand some drivers had trips but at minimum I expected to see 200 members. I'd say in the 2:45 mins I sat there 80 members came back. Out of those 80 members besides myself maybe 10 asked questions or made statements. Even this site today alone there was only 60 posts about the contract but the best part is those 60 posts were repeated posts by just 10 people. My point is whether you are a Michael fan or not, whether you hate Neil or not is how the hell can people complain about anything if they don't show interest? In MY OPINION some Members complain about being in the "dark" but that's a bunch of bull! This morning the sun finally came out but most of those Members who complained about the dark chose to stay in the dark. People have to stop talking behind the scenes and voice what you believe openly and this morning was the perfect and an important time to do it! Shame on you and more importantly unfortunate for you, me & all of our Fellow Members!

worker341

Proud member 30 days means warmer weather, much better to strike in warmer weather. And we all can prepare ourselves for a strike. The way I figure it  neil knows its cold out there and most of us are not prepared to go on strike now. thats why we are told a no vote is a strike vote. I don't think he will be so brave with this bullshit contract in better weather cause I think most of us will walk, just my thoughs. Its a no vote for me and I am willing to go on strike for a much better contract. And what I hear alot of people feel the same way. And one more thing I will add if this contract is passed by our members what do you think the next contract will be like.

John Eadicicco

Don't be misled by strike vote. This was all timed perfectly by the powers that be. Why?
If it is a no vote than we strike immediately according to Ernie and that means you WILL NOT collect unemployment for Presidents week! Nice timing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMR

I am amazed at how some of you love to fantasize about all that your going to do and force Neil into submission and give us whatever we demand.Newsflash!!Take a good look at this MOA because this is what we're getting whether we like it or not.I for one do not like it, but being the realist that I am ,if you think going on strike is going to change this guys mind you are Dreaming!!Just remember where it got us the last time.We didn't get to this point overnight ,so you might as well wake up and face the harsh ugly reality it sucks to be us in this position but that's the way it is.The time to realize what was happening on the horizon concerning our future in this industry has come and gone so you might as well man up and deal with reality and dry your eyes.This guy ain't budging and if you don't believe that I got a bridge to sell you.The time to get tough is long gone,and the FREAKIN' WEATHER AINT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!