The Archdiocese Closes Schools Tomorrow

Started by TheKid24, December 16, 2020, 06:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

BREAKING: The Archdiocese of New York announced it will have a "traditional snow day" on Thursday with no online instruction. All school buildings will be closed.

Full story to come on SILive.com.

yabba

6PM mayor dumbo will announce NYC schools... the dickhead really surprised me waiting till 6PM..i thought with remote learning in place ,he would have closed schools for thursday and friday last night...now it looks like we be lucky to get tomorrow   

TheKid24

Sadly I want schools to be open so I get paid lol

yabba

TheKid24

As far as I was told especially looking at the contract it says no pay for school closures....so I'm assuming that includes snow day.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 16, 2020, 06:48:07 PMno 85% for you guys....???????????

Nah ... these poor newbies don't get shit. Fortunately, they can look forward to reaching top pay in 12 years.  >:( >:( >:(
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 16, 2020, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: yabba on December 16, 2020, 06:48:07 PMno 85% for you guys....???????????

Nah ... these poor newbies don't get shit. Fortunately, they can look forward to reaching top pay in 12 years.  >:( >:( >:(

Next contract has to be amended just a tiny bit lol, I'm looking at the contract and was like who the hell said yes to this. I think I'm 2022 we get xmas week Easter week day after thanksgiving. New drivers got tossed under the bus hardcore with no lube

Buzz

It's the unborn that always get sacrificed. Hopefully you'll do better next contract ... in about 3 years I think? (This contract is actually better than the previous one for new hires.)

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 16, 2020, 09:53:43 PM

It's the unborn that always get sacrificed. Hopefully you'll do better next contract ... in about 3 years I think? (This contract is actually better than the previous one for new hires.)

Do us new drivers have any input when it comes time to negotiate the new contract?

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 16, 2020, 10:04:58 PM
Do us new drivers have any input when it comes time to negotiate the new contract?

Yes. Everybody does. They usually hand out sheets for you to submit suggested proposals.

hognol

Quote from: yabba on December 16, 2020, 06:19:47 PM
6PM mayor dumbo will announce NYC schools... the dickhead really surprised me waiting till 6PM..i thought with remote learning in place ,he would have closed schools for thursday and friday last night...now it looks like we be lucky to get tomorrow   
My son texted me at 2:30 with this info.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 16, 2020, 10:08:54 PM

Yes. Everybody does. They usually hand out sheets for you to submit suggested proposals.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 16, 2020, 09:38:53 PM

do they ever reach the top pay we receive....

TheKid24

Seriously? Or you pulling my leg lol

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 16, 2020, 11:55:21 PM

Seriously? Or you pulling my leg lol

Not joking at all. Every contract. Doesn't mean we're going to get what we ask for, of course. It's like going to a mall Santa and telling him everything you want.