Tonight

Started by Just_Right, March 22, 2013, 01:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_Right

I always knew our shop steward was different than the ones before him. His demeanor has always been different than others who held the position of Shop Steward. He has been known to be loud at times and yet sweet as honey. He is a great guy don't get me wrong. I stand behind him 100 %.He gets his point across no matter what. I have heard him argue with the owner many times and even won many issues concerning our co workers. Tonight I witnessed something I never would have dreamed of seeing. I looked around the yard and knew this man has pulled us together and tells us what it is we need to do. There hasn't been anyone before him that could do the things he does the way he does.
        During the strike many of us became close and formed friendships. But tonight for the first time in all my years I have never seen the unity that I seen tonight in the yard .I seen history in the making as Billy Haas stood side by side to Ernie and pleaded for us to stand behind Ernie. In the past there was always a bit of controversy between them. However tonight there was the bond of union workers coming together for a reason. The reason is for unity. And this my brothers and sisters is what it's all about. Standing together and having one voice.

I realize the contractors are smelling blood and taking advantage of us at this point. But I believe Ernie will guide us all in the right direction. Together we are strong. And we must do as he says and stand behind him. We need to do our jobs by the book right now. It doesn't make sense to lash out and spite ourselves.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

.....and the fight Isnt over. Lets win the marathon, this isnt a sprint.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.