Vote August 21, 2014

Started by Stugots, August 21, 2014, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

12 to 1 in favor of the 42 million dollar grant. Daniel Garodnick from the upper east side voted no.  Good day for 1181.   

Stugots

On all the  Council Member Votes it was 41-7.  Ignizio and Matteo voted no.

Grrr

What effect will this have on us at Pioneer?

gigi11744

great news for owners... do the drivers get a grant for the lost vacation time ..no raises ,lost accrual i.e. (christmas week, Presidents week),increase in insurance ....just asking >:(

Buzz

It's a small step in the right direction. Basically, as it was explained to me, the money will go to companies to hire 1181 drivers who were not doing so. Hopefully this will show deBlasio's commitment to restoring the EPP and will sway Cuomo to approve it, if and when the bill is passed. That will be the only real meaningful legislation for the long haul.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

Quote from: Grrr on August 21, 2014, 11:07:56 PM
What effect will this have on us at Pioneer?

No effect at all.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

gigi11744

just give them their 42 million back and return the epp...... this is nonsense

Stugots

what happens when the the contracts go out to bid in October.  Will they include EPP for 2016 or is this just for special ed.  Who is this money for.     

worker341

I think the good news may be our brothers and sisters that got laid off should be able to get a union job again, However I think that the Companies That took work away from us with the low bids can't wait for their share of the 42Mil. They will do the same shit when the bids come out again bid low take the work away and they get more grants what a bunch of bullshit. The non Union Companies who took the work away in the first place already have their workers on the job at a lower pay scale. You think for one moment they are going to let those people go and get our 1181 members back on those buses, I think not. I say throw all the bids back and rebid the work knowing they have to hire our brothers and sisters before they hire any cheap scumbag to drive them buses. And let them shape at shape pay like we all did. Rebid and bring back the Epp. Our union people fellow the work and those scumbag drivers go behind us all. That is if there is any openings for them. So I end with, Employers give us back our pay and what we always had. You too will get rich like you always were getting rich. You will be getting the same money from your contracts that you always got plus the fuel allowance.

Rock Steady

I agree worker341. Michael once said in a recorded interview that we didn't lose our salary or any pay. But in my opinion he didn't tell the whole truth.  I personally lost over three thousand a year. That's a lot for a family to lose and a big lie if you ask me. I know he's working hard, but I want back what I lost,