Tomorrow Morning.

Started by Ernie, October 25, 2015, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

To all my Brothers and Sisters in Pioneer.
        I have shown much restraint due to the fact that I believed he (Neil) would come to the table and bargain in good faith. Our first couple of sessions we actually went nowhere and then I believed it was going well with a resolve in sight. The owners of Pioneer and Consolidated said *we would sit till midnight if need be to resolve the contract*  As far as our last meeting everything stayed still with no show of moving along at all. I asked *what is the reason for not moving forward and why are we wasting our time?* the answer was none. The owners believe we are not unified  and will fall apart, we proved to them in Consolidated in taking a strike vote and the strike vote was overwhelmingly in our favor being 896 to 42.This is a very big weapon in our hands for bargaining.
        It is now time to show the owner of Pioneer Transportation that unity in numbers will make us prevail. The belief in the owners is that we are not strong enough to take them to task. We have given him everything he has asked for, and especially the fact of him telling us he needed the *give back* to help him to be competitive in the bid war. Well needless to say the bids were tossed and there was no reason for any of the *EPP Companies* to bid. Now all the owners do is cry they don't have any money.
The time has come to show him we will not put up with any nonsense any more. When I questioned him about the day he came out to our strike line and he referred to us all as family, and that it was necessary for the cuts so he can become a competitive bidder. He said he NEVER said it. Said it was not true.
Barry posted one of the letters on his site proving that he indeed did say it. So please let's be united and vote tomorrow for our strike vote to ensure we have the ammo needed to bring to the Mayor's office and the Department of Education, showing that we mean business!
I know most feel out of the loop so to speak because nothing has been put out there to let you all know what is going on. The truth is nothing has been moving, so sometimes there is nothing to report. But I do try my best to inform each and every one of you, whether it is here on FB or I tell Barry to post it to his site. Also I am always available at Pioneer.
One more thing: Members, please know that we have all dealt with disappointment in the past. BUT the one thing we do not need at this time is NEGATATIVETY and bashing remarks against the Union. That won't show Unity. It only shows the Owner is right and we are WRONG!!

I will see you all at the polls tomorrow morning
Ernie

Buzz

Don't worry, Ern. I think at least 90% of the people at Pioneer would say a strike is the last thing they want, but the same 90% (or more) would support a strike if that is our only viable option.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Eucerin

We are with you Ernie 1000%....