Just to Clarify and Summarize: Paydays, Unemployment, Easter Adjustment

Started by Buzz, April 08, 2020, 07:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Because the information I get seems to change by the minute, and although I've made changes/corrections in other threads, I want to try to clear up any confusion by reviewing what is [hopefully] the final information given in this one post:

1) There WILL be a paycheck on April 17th. This if for THIS week, ending the 12th. There WILL NOT be a check on April 24th. (We will not have been paid for the previous [Easter] week, but will have claimed unemployment.)

2) Going by your HIRE DATE, if you have 4 years in by April 10, you WILL be paid for Good Friday. Therefore, you will have been paid for 4 days this week and should not claim on the 12th. You will not be eligible.

3) If you have fewer than 4 years in by April 10, you will only be paid for 3 days this week and should claim unemployment on both the 12th and the 19th. You will say the last day you worked was April 8.

4) EVERYBODY should claim unemployment on April 19th. For everybody claiming on the 19th only, the last day you worked will be April 10.

5) Easter adjustment (accrual) checks will be delayed until no later than April 22. (I will qualify that by saying this is according to the information  the DOE is giving Pioneer.) Also, I have finally been informed by the office that adjustment checks will be by direct deposit for those who are so enrolled.

I hope this has cleared up some of the confusion and that there will be no more changes to the information I've been given. This shit's making me nuts!  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Please Note: If you are OPENING A NEW CLAIM ... I am advised that you are asked if you are out of work due to the Corona virus. You need to answer YES to have the waiting week waived.

(Learned this from a friend in construction who recently opened a new claim.)

If you already have a book open and are just making a weekly claim you will not see this option (I know, I tried without submitting the claim). Select "Lack of Work" as always.

Buzz

According to this from the unemployment website, if you already have a claim open you are automatically eligible for the $600 extra from the feds.

https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/cares-act.shtm

wheresmymoney!

Just so i got it all straight accrual checks will be direct deposit? Hopefully the city will pay up..... :crazy:

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 08, 2020, 08:58:33 PM
Just so i got it all straight accrual checks will be direct deposit? Hopefully the city will pay up..... :crazy:
Yes.

Buzz

Please note: I modified #4 above to include these words ... "For everybody claiming on the 19th only, the last day you worked will be April 10."

wheresmymoney!

Ok one more question......do we get paid tomorrow? Or friday?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 08, 2020, 10:35:20 PM
Ok one more question......do we get paid tomorrow? Or friday?

So far it's been on Fridays so I guess the same this week.

Buzz

One of our members just asked a good question in a PM to me but others probably have the same question.

He's opening a new book and wants to know how he should answer when they ask if you have a definite date to return to work. Ernie says NOT to give a definite date. Answer No.

I think you can't go wrong that way because come the summer, you will just answer that the break in your claim was because you worked.

wheresmymoney!

Usually we get paid day b4 holiday but i guess not this time. Tomorrow is good Friday so i thought we'd get paid today.  Anyone get paid today? I didnt.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 09, 2020, 12:26:55 PM
Usually we get paid day b4 holiday but i guess not this time. Tomorrow is good Friday so i thought we'd get paid today.  Anyone get paid today? I didnt.

Actually forgot Friday is a holiday but just checked my statements ... nothing yet.

wheresmymoney!

J.T.

Buzz