Bus Service Schedule

Started by Buzz, September 17, 2020, 09:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As of the time of this posting, there is NO OFFICIAL word about non-public schools yet. I know it has been posted as fact on Facebook, but I just got off the phone with Andy and they are still awaiting the official word.

Of course I will let you know. Updates will be posted in this thread.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Two things
I know it says district 75 schools open September 21St but has it been confirmed that those schools will be getting busing?
Also if district 75 is getting busing next week, do you think that all of the drivers & matrons that do Special Ed know whether or not if their school is District 75?

faceit

I think all special ed falls under district 75
All lives matter

Hammer2161

All special ed does not fall under district 75. There are multiple programs not under the district 75 banner.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 17, 2020, 11:21:50 PM
Two things
I know it says district 75 schools open September 21St but has it been confirmed that those schools will be getting busing?
Also if district 75 is getting busing next week, do you think that all of the drivers & matrons that do Special Ed know whether or not if their school is District 75?

Yes, it says above all grades Dist. 75 will get busing.

I'm sure the office will identify which schools are 75 and notify drivers and matrons.

WigWag16

steady

I need to know if I have to drive my private school ie: catholic school.  I need to know by tomorrow. 

steady

I would think yes but I need to know officially. Only because we are providing bus service for others starting this Monday

Hammer2161

A lot of people are waiting on that very decision. Hopefully Pioneer does a better job of informing us about this then did about the covid class on Monday and Tuesday.

Buzz

Quote from: steady on September 18, 2020, 01:04:18 AM
I would think yes but I need to know officially. Only because we are providing bus service for others starting this Monday

Neither the office nor union has been told "officially" about non-public schools. Hopefully tomorrow.

Buzz

The only thing we know for sure at this point is that District 75 schools are getting service Monday. These are schools like P721 which is Hungerford and other locations, PS 373 ... which is PS 40 and other locations, and PS 25 schools, also multiple locations.

Pioneer will call drivers and matrons involved, most likely tomorrow.

Hammer2161

Based on the letter from Ernie I would not be surprised if a lot changes between tonight and tomorrow including busing that is supposed to start on the 21st.

Between the link I posted in another thread from the More Caucus of UFT teachers and Dumblasio just being an outright asshole we are unfortunately left totally in the dark one agIn.

Kudos to Ernie for being as honest as he can be but Dumblasio and the BOE are surely going to fuck this up.

PROUD MEMBER

We worked two days this week and were told we were getting paid 100% for those days and 85% for the other 3 days. No matter what happens next week or who works next week, if anyone at all, how does that POSSIBLY change what was agreed upon for this week.

Hammer2161

Proud Member that seems to be the million dollar question. It has to be Dumblasio reneging on a deal he made surprise surprise in an attempt to save more money on our backs. This truly is an utter disgrace. He has let down everyone involved in the reopening of NYC schools.