Public Schools

Started by rc1790, November 13, 2020, 03:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

The Governor already said that he's not going to intervene if it goes above 3% even though he does believe the schools shouldn't shut down at this time. Meanwhile the positivity rate in NYC public schools is only 0.16%. Besides the Governor has other things on his mind like fighting Trump!

PROUD MEMBER

I keep hearing about this 43% and health benefits in case the public schools were to close. I pray that it's true but unfortunately I don't see it written definitely in black or white or anyone putting their name to it! Also I've come to the realization that it is what it is and in all probability we will not have an answer to that day comes!

Hammer2161

https://nypost.com/2020/10/03/nyc-to-pay-school-bus-companies-106m-for-covid-19-idling/

That is the link from an earlier post by Buzz when we were returning to work. In it it states that the contract guarantees the companies 43 percent should the schools shut down again through 2025. It also says it is to be used for driver benefits.

Now let's see if that in fact happens should we shut down.

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 14, 2020, 11:52:27 AM
I keep hearing about this 43% and health benefits in case the public schools were to close. I pray that it's true but unfortunately I don't see it written definitely in black or white or anyone putting their name to it! Also I've come to the realization that it is what it is and in all probability we will not have an answer to that day comes!

43 percent pay? And kept benefits?

J.T.

No one cares about us ,back to unemployment , here we go again >:(

Hammer2161

Wig as I read it that's not what it means. The companies will get 43 percent of their agreed upon contract a part of it which is to be used for driver benefits and pensions. It makes no mention of us getting paid so I would assume we would go back on unemployment.

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 14, 2020, 02:06:06 PM
Wig as I read it that's not what it means. The companies will get 43 percent of their agreed upon contract a part of it which is to be used for driver benefits and pensions. It makes no mention of us getting paid so I would assume we would go back on unemployment.

That blows since my rate dropped from 504 to 358 🤬

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 14, 2020, 11:52:27 AM

These are two examples of being as close to seeing it in writing as we're ever going to get:

From the Post:
And in a massive new deal, the cash-strapped city will be on the hook to pay bus companies at least 43% of their contracts through 2025 if schools close for more than five days in a row...

The money is supposed to go for fixed costs such as utilities and driver benefits, such as pension contributions, officials said.

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/10/03/nyc-to-pay-school-bus-companies-106m-for-covid-19-idling/

Echoed by School Bus Fleet:
In addition to the shutdown-induced payout, NYC will reportedly be required to pay school bus companies at least 43% of their contracts through 2025 if schools close for more than five days in a row, according to the news source. The money would go toward fixed costs such as utilities and driver benefits, officials told The New York Post.

Source: https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/10127921/nyc-to-pay-school-bus-companies-106m-for-covid-19-shutdown
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 14, 2020, 02:43:37 PM

All our rates will drop the next time we open books if we're out for any length of time.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Eucerin

WHEN is the mayor due to announce his decision to open or close the public schools?

Hammer2161

I don't believe he will act before the positivity rate breaks 3 percent. So I guess the real answer is as usual " No one really Knows ".

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 14, 2020, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: WigWag16 on November 14, 2020, 02:43:37 PM

All our rates will drop the next time we open books if we're out for any length of time.

im hoping this quarter we are in (oct,nov,and dec) will be a sort of normal quarter with our accural checks... they would cover the month of Dec if need be...  wishful thinking maybe  for the opening on next UE claim over the summer.. also though that wont help the newer drivers..

WigWag16

I'm stuck with the 358 rate till August, I just opened my new claim August 17th

yabba

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 14, 2020, 06:27:54 PM
I'm stuck with the 358 rate till August, I just opened my new claim August 17th

fingers crossed ,the numbers went in the right direction.. after all they are all democrats ,thy know how to make the numbers right...  :yes: :yes: ;D ;D

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
The articles that you've posted about the 43% and benefits is  what I've been looking for. Now here's a RUMOR I heard on Friday. Neil still hasn't got paid a dime of the money he's owned and any money for September, October and November. I hope it's only a rumor because if that is true and we find ourselves out of work again what's the chance that he's going to get the 43%?