Inspection Checklist

Started by Buzz, December 07, 2011, 04:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Yard inspection tomorrow for ODD number routes. The inspection checklist is always on the homepage ... just wanted to call your attention to the just added "No visible spray cans" (Windex, Lysol, etc.) under the "Interior" heading.

If anyone knows of anything else that should be included, please post it here.

http://1181drivers.com/InspectionChecklist.html
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kramer

Also any rust on the inside of the bus. Ceiling, around the bottom of the seat, etc.

Buzz

Very good ... I will add "rust" under the Interior section when I get a chance. Thanks.

Grrr

No need to add it.  It's filed under "absurd violations" that the Union is supposedly fighting.

John Eadicicco

Any truth to the absurd statement that I heard today......If you have a defect that occurs during the morning run on Monday morning...that the shop will not be allowed to fix the defect before the yard inspection?

Buzz

Wouldn't surprise me, John ... they've prevented visits to the shop after the morning run on previous inspections.

mirrorcheck

I have to admit the inspectors were nice and cordial to me on  the inspection.Though, are we to assume you can leave the yard have everything in order and checked and something happen doing the AM run and "that Problem" cant be fixed?
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on December 10, 2011, 11:12:59 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, John ... they've prevented visits to the shop after the morning run on previous inspections.

Nice non-answer.   Since when have repairs been prevented?   I remember going through a gauntlet of mechanics to make sure everything was up to snuff and if it wasn't, it was fixed.  Now you're saying OPT is preventing buses from being repaired and safe for the sake of issuing a violation and fine.  If it's true, what's the Unions stance on this? 

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on December 10, 2011, 11:21:54 PM
I have to admit the inspectors were nice and cordial to me on  the inspection.Though, are we to assume you can leave the yard have everything in order and checked and something happen doing the AM run and "that Problem" cant be fixed?
Happened to the bus in front of me last inspection (and I've heard of others). Andy was out there and they still wouldn't let the driver get a marker light. But Ernie won't let them stick us with violations like that.

Grrr

But Ernie won't let them stick us with violations like that.

Good to know.