New Strike Times!

Started by Kramer, January 21, 2013, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramer

If anyone wasn't at their strike assignment last night there were new hours put in place. I'm on the B team at Arthur Kill which was from 6PM to Midnight. The new hours are 2PM to 6PM. Check with your group for new schedule.

Buzz

Thanks, Kramer. Here's the info I got from Andy.

Old Shift                New Shift
6 a.m. - noon         6. a.m. - 10 a.m.
Noon - 6 p.m.        10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
6 p.m - midnight    2 p.m. - 6 p.m.

This is for both A and B teams ... everybody at Arthur Kill except as follows:

On Tuesday all 3 shifts originally assigned to Arthur Kill will meet in Modell's parking lot on South Ave at 5 a.m.   (Those originally at Sharrotts will be at Arthur Kill at their respective times.)

Also, those assigned to Atlantic and Island Charter yards from midnight to 6 a.m. will now go there from 4 a.m. to 8 a.m.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

4real

why the cut in shifts whats going on, are we giving up? is something happening?

driver

I am totally for the union, but we are striking our contractor and we should be protesting the board of ed.. we have our contract still.  I hope this does not turn out to be like what grandpa's bus company did to Jo lo bus company.   We are losing so much money now, no benefits. soon. The mayor is looking to bankrupt the union.  We should go back to work and build our union back up with funds and go about this with a different stratagy.. Also, guys when protesting it is not a party..  I hope our union will pull this off but its rough because the other bus companies are not involved with this, its only 1181. We are striking for everyone, not just us.. I feel the strike should halt!  In a sense the mayor is correct.  The runs are going out to bid.  Who is to say that we should be guaranteed our salaries... We have to be more compatible with competition..we might have to give back money.. that's life.. to be competitive in this business... let's hope for an injunction tomorrow so we can return to work!

Buzz

Please note correction made above ...

On Tuesday all 3 shifts originally assigned to Arthur Kill will meet in Modell's parking lot on South Ave at 5 a.m.

Buzz

Quote from: 4real on January 21, 2013, 04:42:05 PM
why the cut in shifts whats going on, are we giving up? is something happening?

No, just no reason to have overnights ... nobody's trying to sneak any buses out. Also it's to have more manpower available at other yards at critical times.

4real

driver its easy to talk like that when you obviously have another pension coming in, some of us  are not that lucky, and  have just one salary coming in, I cant afford a cut in pay and I'm sure some of our other brothers and sisters of our union cant either. and why not guarantee our jobs and salary in a city where cost of living goes up on a daily basis..We need to heard and stand tough against this city government and a dictator of a mayor....

driver

I agree with you, but the other company's that are driving right now are not standing with us.. so what does that show the mayor??  Be prepared because we will probably be giving back.. and by the way I have no other pension.. but half our industry does,, u think they care???   I am just a realist.. these drivers on the strike line tell me, they have other pensions coming in and they really don't care.. but I do  care and if I have to give back to keep my job I will....

Grrr

Take this "Give Back" talk to another website.  No one here wants to hear it.  And you can bet that people from the DOE are reading this website.  Don't give them ideas.

Its only been 4 days on the line and driver is ready to fold.

driver

I'll see you all back at work Wednesday! I'm with you guys, I'm just venting how I feel.. I hope it works out in our favor.. but I'm a realist... and I say how it is...

WTF

"I'm just venting how I feel.. I hope it works out in our favor.. but I'm a realist... and I say how it is..."

I thought I was OUT (I haven't posted in years)!, but You PULLED ME Back In!!!! I understand your just venting, because YOUR Venting from Your Asshxle, and it STINKS!!!

We didn't ask for this STRIKE, Our POS Mayor did! We are here because the Mayor sent out contracts to contractors without the EPP, which was fought for and WON by prior 1181 Workers that were out of WORK for 14 WEEKS. So YOU and YOUR FAMILY could have Job Security and Benefits! Also the children in this city can have the Best Bus Drivers In The Country!!! Yes some do have pensions which only proves they are reliable, law abiding men and women, who worked for this city for 20+ years, Not a bunch of half ass foreigners that can't speak English DRIVING our Children and Grandchildren around!!!! Man Up, Grow Up and Suck It Up! The next time You want to vent take it to the Cry Babies Room!!!

Buzz

Quote from: driver on January 21, 2013, 04:47:46 PM
I am totally for the union, but we are striking our contractor and we should be protesting the board of ed.. we have our contract still.  I hope this does not turn out to be like what grandpa's bus company did to Jo lo bus company.   We are losing so much money now, no benefits. soon. The mayor is looking to bankrupt the union.  We should go back to work and build our union back up with funds and go about this with a different stratagy.. Also, guys when protesting it is not a party..  I hope our union will pull this off but its rough because the other bus companies are not involved with this, its only 1181. We are striking for everyone, not just us.. I feel the strike should halt!  In a sense the mayor is correct.  The runs are going out to bid.  Who is to say that we should be guaranteed our salaries... We have to be more compatible with competition..we might have to give back money.. that's life.. to be competitive in this business... let's hope for an injunction tomorrow so we can return to work!

Well, if you're feeling the pinch now during the strike ... which is understandable ... what will you do in a couple of years when our jobs are sold out from under us ... permanently? Nobody wants this strike, but we've got to nip it in the bud, bud.

WTF

Don't try to please him Buzz!

Hey Driver let me ask you this,

1- would you have taken this job for $10.00 an hour and turn key time? (that's over min. wage and I hope you know what turn key means)? That's what the you get!

2- No Medical Benfiefits for You and Your Family? That's what the you get!

3- Being a sheep waiting for slaughter without the Union at your Company or OPT hearings? That's what the you get!

4- No pension, after you put your life's work into it? That's what the you get!

5- Having driver's without being NYS Certified Trained Professionals and Drivng Your Kids and Grandchildren around? That's what the you get!

Just to name a few!!!

If you answered Yes to any of these, then We 1181 Union Members don't Want or Need YOU!!!

Hope to hear back from you "driver"!

ps: Let me clarify my last post. My parents were Not born here and did not speak english when they came to the U.S.. That remark is not intented for US Citizens or people who are working on their Citizenship to improve themselves and their family in the greatest country in the world.
I Apologize to Anyone that I might have Offended by that remark. It was Not intended for that nor do I believe in that, it was to make a point what the city wants to use to transport or children!

driver

Do you think the mayor is trying to weaken our union? How long do you think the union can hold out with this big shot billionare mayor? I think our president and vice president of our union is doing the best they can.. and I do stand behind them.. If there is an injunction and we are forced back to work what do you think our next route will be?  Do you think there will be a master union pick? I am nervous and don't want to end up on the bottom of someone else's company's list. They talk about protecting the senior drivers which I am not there yet. and we must protect the senior drivers because they are going to be the back bone for us.  I am just alittle nervous and need to have everyone's imput to help make me feel alittle bit better..

Buzz

Weaken our union? Dude, he's trying to break our union. That's Mike's goal in life ... to have a legacy as a union buster. We have to stick together, ride out the storm and hopefully we'll still be here long after this pr!ck is gone.

WTF

"Driver" I will answer your questions even though you failed to answer mine FIRST!

I am Not a union shop steward or trustee, and the answers are of my opinion and what I believe to be correct. Check with Erinie who is, he will be happy to answer anything you need to know!

Do you think the mayor is trying to weaken our union?
Weaken no - Break the Union yes! as he has tried and trying to with All other unions in this city!

How long do you think the union can hold out with this big shot billionare mayor?
As Long as it Takes! As you stated he is a billionaire (thats 1000 x a million) and he doesn't give a shxt about the working class people that get paid to live day by day. He has taken away from the elderly, the disable, the sick and now he's attacking Our children! Do you really think he will lose any sleep if a child / children gets hurt or dies!

I think our president and vice president of our union is doing the best they can.. and I do stand behind them.. If there is an injunction and we are forced back to work what do you think our next route will be?
Go back to work as ordered by the court while they decide the case. Remember we have the Mollen Aggrement (EPP) that was signed by all parties in 1979, the City of NY, Contractors, and ATU 1181. The EPP has been in effect since 1964. The only thing that the DOE has is the pre K work, which 1181 union was not involved with.

Do you think there will be a master union pick?
There is a master union pick each year, I believe in September. That is done mainly if a contractor goes out of business and has union runs or if a union member wants to work at another location.

to be continue:

WTF

WTF continue to driver's questions:

I am nervous and don't want to end up on the bottom of someone else's company's list. They talk about protecting the senior drivers which I am not there yet. and we must protect the senior drivers because they are going to be the back bone for us.  I am just alittle nervous and need to have everyone's imput to help make me feel alittle bit better..

You are protecting Your Family's Future, if you are planning to make this your career!

Remember we did Not ask for this Strike! It's the LYING MAYOR OF NYC that did. Remember he gave up almost a half of a billion dollars last week to the Bd of Ed (Our Children's Education) by refusing a fair contract with the teachers. They agreed with All his demands till 2015, which will last for his full term, but instead he wanted to control the next Mayor's decisions! He probably feels he has nothing to lose by doing this and he's probably is correct to a point. But he picked a fight where he can't win, with US who has everything to lose!!!
Stop listening to BS and just LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR SHOP STEWARD SAYS!!!!!
Hope I help you to understand it better, and feel a little bit less nevous. Now did you answer Yes to Any of my questions? Waiting for your reply.

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on January 21, 2013, 04:54:21 PM
Please note correction made above ...

On Tuesday all 3 shifts originally assigned to Arthur Kill will meet in Modell's parking lot on South Ave at 5 a.m.

Same plan for same people tomorrow, Wednesday.