An Update

Started by Ernie, January 23, 2013, 02:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

As we all know, there was a meeting at the National Labor Relations board today. And each contractor had to testify before the labor relations board.
         I said earlier I was not sure we would get an answer before Friday, however I now believe we should have an answer no later than Friday. We have many contractors out there that are not 1181 drivers, they are from other locals ,91,355,companies like Atlantic Express  and some other companies who are trying to certify their drivers as matrons in a short amount of time. Which the board is allowing  a temporary change to the Laws of certification for matrons  .  The Dept of Ed is holding a 4 hour class    to certify drivers on an emergency basics. *NON 1181 drivers.* Normally  In order to be certified as a matron there is a City 10 hr course and  State 10 hr course that must be completed even before they board the bus, and yet they want to talk about the EPP being illegal!
I guess our mayor is going to great lengths to block us from what we deserve. We are having people notify the News to inform them of what they are doing. We  must get it out to everyone on all levels. Once again please stand tall. As I said before stay diligent in what we do. By standing together as one we will prevail.

Bless you all and have a good night.
Ernie

Goose623

Thank you Ernie for the updates. What happens if the board votes against us?