Drivers, Matrons and Mechanics.

Started by Ernie, January 24, 2013, 02:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

I know everybody is concerned, due to the rampant rumors that are flying through our strike lines.
Please understand we are fighting a very tough cause. I know that most people feel that they are not hearing enough from the higher ups of the union. But understand that at no time are we going to be left in the dark. We have very responsible people that are taking care of getting the word back to me.
Please if you have any questions, I absolutely have no problems giving or getting the answers for you. I am in contact several times a day with our local's leaders. I know there are a few people who mean well, but are guiding some of you in the wrong direction with the incomplete information .I know there are stories of Pioneer trying to hire new drivers, attendants and mechanics. But that is their obligation to the Dept Of Education to show that they are trying to get their buses on the road and fulfill their end of the contract with them.
We'll speak of Pioneer as an example, there are over 670 plus people that are employed by Pioneer. But you must understand that there is no possible way for them to find 670 plus people to fulfill our jobs to go out on the road anytime soon. So YES we have a tough fight. As I have said numerous times. Stay stead fast in our direction to win this fight.
And once again if there are any questions or doubts about something I will be glad to answer.

faceit

Any idea when we'll get an answer on the injunction???

rc1790

If a union matron from IC went out with a bus this morning what is the union doing to address this?

faceit

Quote from: rc1790 on January 24, 2013, 03:12:04 PM
If a union matron from IC went out with a bus this morning what is the union doing to address this?
why not answer this question?

Buzz

Ernie's been sick. He's not on the site 24-7. Give him a chance to answer.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

Im Sick and out on the lines freezing forgive me if I wanna know whats gonna happen with my life...

Buzz

Ernie was supposed to have an operation yesterday but it was postponed for 2 weeks due to illness. All I'm saying is, when he sees the question I'm sure he'll reply. I want to know too.

Buzz

Ernie's out, but he texted me that NO 1181 matrons worked.

faceit

thank you thats all I (WE) want is answers, as to why I might be losing my house.....

Ernie

First with all due respect.I have been out of sorts for a few days. But I have been out even though I have been sick to comfort,walk along side and give out as much information as I have been given.I'm sorry I didn't seen this question as I don't have access during the day to a computer.You all have my number in the event you can't reach me here. I have said I am willing to answer whatever questions you have.And if I don't have the answers I will do my best to get them.I just returned home after making as many stops as I can to talk with every strike line.

As for you losing your home faceit,I have to say we have only been on strike for 8 days. There is no way this could effect your losing your home now.We are all in the same boat here.Some worse off than others. So I understand your concern for not getting a quick enough answer. But give me a chance to get home and get to a computer.I am trying to get to everyone's questions as best I can.I'm working two different sites and cell phones only stay live for so long. So, Buzz answered you and I will be on for another hour or so.If you need call me or shoot me a question here.

Ernie

yabba

thanks ernie for the information and take care of your health that is most important right now.we need you now but we also need you more in the future.i support you and andy and i feel most of the strike line does also,you guys are doing the best with the information that is given to yous.i understand my fellow brothers and sisters concerns about our future and our upcoming bills and mortgages but i stand behind you and andy and yes this strike is hurting everyone of us finacially but its not fair to turn any of our hurt towards you ,i dont agree with how woodhaven blvd is going about this strike but from what i see you organize and try here with us on staten island i appreciate and respect you for it..thanks again for being there with us and for us  :thumbup:

faceit

Ernie first of all it was nothing directly against you its just very frustrating that answers have been very slow coming from the hall, And the Media is beating us up with no rebudle from the union, why?All we are hearing is bad news, so forgive me for getting upset... And P.S you dont know everyones situation and 8 days but a major hurting in my life...thank you

driver

What is happening to us is terrible.. There is no media coverage or nothing. How much longer are we going to hold out with our health benefits ending in one week.  Can the mayor pull our existing contracts even though we still have two more years to go?  I do have faith in our union, because they  always help the drivers.  I am just afraid that the mayor is looking to bankrupt us.  I know its not even two weeks but it seems like an eternity.  All I see is school bus vans picking up kids all day long, and here we are trying to save their runs as well.  Why is the labor board not going to make it public the outcome? What is going to be our strategy then? What are peoples opinions as to when we will be returining to work??

terminator

Just FYI this board does not have an immediate direct link to Ernie or anyone else, I have to say Ernie (as always) has been out there for us, keeping us informed with as much information as he can. I surely hope he takes care of his health issues there is nothing more important than your health. Obviously Ernie can only tell us what he knows. WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER OR WE ARE FINISHED.