Access-A-Ride

Started by Eucerin, January 25, 2013, 01:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

I understand from a family member that Access-A-Ride is being used to transport Special Needs students to Public School's...I thought Access-A-Ride was part of the MTA??

terminator

Arent some of the access a ride drivers 1181?

driver

With all the stuff thats going on, It's time to go back to work. The mayor is not budging. No media coverage, school buses are running, except for 1181.  Meanwhile we will be losing our health coverage, and our jobs, and the mayor knows this and he is just going to let us get weaker and weaker and that will be the end of us and take over all the routes, and what happens to us?? It's time we start opening up our mouths and putting our minds into other ways of controlling this situation.. We need to stop striking and go back to work..... The time is now.... We are losing this battle,, The contractors are willing to work with the union in trying to keep these runs.. We can not afford to let these runs leave 1181, If we have to take less to keep them, we all take less in order to keep them.  I wonder if the union guys get their pay check every week, as well as health benefits... This really stinks...

rc1790

Access a ride Mv Transportation owns Reliant. It is no surprise they would be helping out the city. It is a nationwide corporation with resources to win low bid bus contracts.

rc1790

We should picket Mv on Richmond Terrace. It's only a matter of time before they try to send school buses out from there. When MV started Reliant, the buses were prepped in their shop. It wouldn't surprise me if they start a scab company and the city gives them work.

Kramer

Just saw a DEVILLE school bus pass my house with kids on board!

Kramer

Bklyn. woman fatally struck buy charter bus today. Wonder if they were doing runs?

rc1790

Mvtransit.com is looking to hire school bus drivers with a 500 bonus. If they didn't have a deal in the works with the city why would they do that. They already own Reliant. I think we should picket them. They are a private operator with access a ride which the mayor is looking to use for special ed transports. They will be a major player in taking union jobs away.We need to picket them.