STRIKE TALK SET!

Started by Kramer, January 25, 2013, 05:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramer

just saw in the Post. Talks are set for Monday between union & bus co.

driver

After reviewing all of this, It is back to the same which I said before... It is time to give back to protect our jobs.. Just think, The mayor will not be in office when the other runs are up in 2015. This will give us power and strength.. Just think to give back some in order to protect our jobs,, I think it is worth it.  Not to give back everything, just something, so we can have our jobs. If Reliant picked up the work, we go after him, because he is 1181.. It's all competitive bargaining,, The contractors want to get bigger, because they then have more power.  What are your thoughts on all this?? Let's not be selfish....

Buzz

Quote from: Kramer on January 25, 2013, 05:36:05 PM
just saw in the Post. Talks are set for Monday between union & bus co.

But the sticky wicket is ... "The city will not have representatives in the talks."

Not holding out too much hope for any meaningful results.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: driver on January 25, 2013, 06:50:05 PM
After reviewing all of this, It is back to the same which I said before... It is time to give back to protect our jobs.. Just think, The mayor will not be in office when the other runs are up in 2015. This will give us power and strength.. Just think to give back some in order to protect our jobs,, I think it is worth it.  Not to give back everything, just something, so we can have our jobs. If Reliant picked up the work, we go after him, because he is 1181.. It's all competitive bargaining,, The contractors want to get bigger, because they then have more power.  What are your thoughts on all this?? Let's not be selfish....
Dude, are you lost? We are not negotiation for a contract with the owners. The owners are not negotiating a contract with the city. This is solely about the city putting out bids without the EPP.

Guys were on strike for 13 weeks in '79 ... no pay, no benefits. Some had to take other jobs to go to after strike duty. They stuck together and stuck it out so people like you would have the job you're so afraid of losing. If they had your attitude, you would not be enjoying the pay and benefits you have now and probably not even be here. Would you be in any better position to not have a job 2 years from now if the mayor succeeds?

I believe the strike vote was unanimous. Did you vote against it? If not, get your balls about you, dig in and harden your resolve to support the action WE VOTED FOR.   

Eucerin

Rock Steady

Hey "Driver",  are you talking like this in front of a burn barrel with your fellow brother's & sister's trying to stay warm, I don't think so !  We're all struggling, we're all worried.  We need to stand together, help each other, be there for one another, and stay together "because we have to".  I know I look at my fellow driver & matron to the left and right of me at the burn barrel a whole lot different than I did 9 days ago.  I feel MUCH closer to them, because we really need one another now more than ever.  I myself have two small children, a massive mortgage,  and a very expensive wife, and NO PENSION. The Mayor is defenitely wrong with what he's doing to the thousands of people he's trying to hurt, and I know we're right by fighting to keep what we have.   So "Driver", my advice to you if your so head strong on "giving back", is to march up those gates at AK yard and go talk to Neal about going back to work, because your a weak link in a very strong chain, and we don't want you.  YOU BROUGHT ME OUT !

dunghue

driver i have read all your post and i try to calm my self, but i can hold it any more, if you don't have a ball to stand up so shut the fuck up and hide your self or get the fuck out to find another job, bro & sister of 1181 don't need the pussy like you  >:( >:( >:(

Goose623

If you go on afl-CIO website there is a statement from union President Cordiello. He met with Bloomy on weds. Looks like the mayor wants everyone to sit down and make a deal.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on January 26, 2013, 04:30:24 AM
... I myself have two small children, a massive mortgage,  and a very expensive wife, ...

Might want to start cutting your losses ... start with the latter ... LOL.

(Just kidding, bro.)

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on January 26, 2013, 06:02:52 AM
If you go on afl-CIO website there is a statement from union President Cordiello. He met with Bloomy on weds. Looks like the mayor wants everyone to sit down and make a deal.

Couldn't find it on the AFL-CIO website, but here is Michael's statement ... http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/important.pdf

But again, the mayor is blowing smoke up everybody's ass if the city is not at the meeting. This is not an issue that can be resolved between the union and contractors. Bloomy is the one who caused us to go on strike and he has to be part of the equation or we're getting nowhere.

The way I see it, contractors have to say to the mayor something like, "Look, extend the EPP for 'X' number of months/years to give us time to negotiate contracts that will enable us to submit lower, more competitive bids."

However that will happen will be for the local and coalition to duke out. As near as I can estimate ... and I admit it's not exact ... our salaries/benefits barely amount to 30% of Bloomy's 1.1 billion dollar transportation budget. (If the union does not know exactly what that percentage is, they should hire somebody to figure that out.) Where is the rest of the money going? Maybe the mayor should look at specialized services such as helicopters, ambulances, private nurses, etc. And somebody should tell him the people who provide those services are not 1181. We're not what's wrong with this picture.

driver

Lets just get one thing straight.  I want nothing more then to have the EPP back, and go back to work. However,  there is always that possibility of something..  I can express myself as everyone else can.  I stand tall with everyone here. It is just that in 1979 there were only two bus companies and they were union. Today there are alot of non-union out there, that's all I am saying. I hope it works in our favor, believe me!!!  Do you think anything will come out of this meeting on Monday? I am very concerned about not having health insurance at the end of the week, along with alot of other drivers/matrons who voiced their concerns on the strike line. We are not city employees, although I wish we were.  We work for contractors.. I hope next week things come to a speedy conclusion in our favor... Also, the mayor said the EPP was illegal.... Does he have a copy of the mollen agreement!!!! to show it was a legal documentation....

Rock Steady

The Mayor now know's the EPP and the strike is legal, he know's about Boston.

4real

Driver do yourself a favor and "SHUT THE FUCK UP" YOU ARE NO UNION BROTHER, YOU ARE WHAT SCABS ARE MADE OF.. PLEASE WHEN YOU DECIDE TO CROSS THE PICKET LINE, CROSS IT IN FRONT OF ME......

Manwithabus

4Real.....Nicely said.  Love the post.  Hey Buzz, throw his ass off this site.