Update

Started by Ernie, January 28, 2013, 10:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Just an update, as everyone well knows there was a meeting with the contractors and the union. And they imposed a mediator to the talks. The mediator they set in place is Judge Mullens,who was the originator of the Mullen Agreement in 1979 and hopefully that can shine a little glimmer of light for us. The talks will resume tomorrow (according to the press).

Also, I have been in contact with some of our council people and looking forward to their support. They will be out on our strike lines hopefully sometime this week. There has been no change as of yet with our medical benefits. But please remember we must stand strong and try to overcome whatever obstacles are in our way.
Again please everyone contact emergency food stamps, emergency money for rents, and utilities. Check all agencies for help. And most of all let us please stand united in our fight with this horrible situation. Let's hope for the best in the days to come.

I applaud everyone for their dedication and perseverance on the strike lines. Remember All for one and one for all. We are in this battle together. Not one solider can win this war alone.1181 is Strong! Let's show them what we're made of!

God Bless you all
Ernie.

Rock Steady

Ernie, I want to thank you, you have been out there working hard all day and night.  You've put up with a few idiots, and also try your best to keep us informed and to lift our spirits.  I personally appreciate all that you've been doing, thank you.

Grrr

Quote from: Ernie on January 28, 2013, 10:04:44 PM

The talks will resume tomorrow (according to the press).

???   Was there any talks today?