Very Important about unemployment insurance!

Started by Kramer, January 29, 2013, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramer

I finally got though today to UI. Anyone who put in a claim last sunday and was not given the choice of STRIKE will be sent a check for that week. You have to call them and straighten it out. It's an over payment and they are going to want the money back. She said for future claims; "when it asks if you are not willing to go back to work, hit YES" that will stop the claim from going through and at the same time log it in as one of the strike weeks.
This must be new to them or something. She said they are swamped with calls concerning this. Good luck getting through.
When I get my check I have to mail it back to them. Same with you guys.

Eucerin

Now in my case I have direct deposit for UI....if I get a  check its deposited into my account?? Am I expected to write a check to unemployment??

Kramer

If you get a check, call UI and tell them. They will send you a form of "over payment". Then send them back the money. That's what they told me today.

Buzz

Hmmm ... I wasn't asked all those questions ... strike, etc.  ... no direct deposit yet. Guess I'm OK. (???)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kramer

Just checked my bank account & the $405 is in there. Waiting for them to send me the overpayment form so I can send the $ back. Everyone should check their accounts today to see if you got paid.

Eucerin

Just checked my bank account & the $405 is in there also...when I check the payment history at UI, I see no record of this payment to my account or even a release of the benefit...need to call UI and ask for an overpayment form?

Kramer

The woman I spoke to from UI said this is going to happen to a lot of us but it can be straightened out. Get in touch with UI and let them know.

Eucerin

Buzz

Well, no deposit was made to my account and I got a notice of determination from unemployment telling me that my benefits are suspended until March 6 due to being out of work because of a strike ... "or until the controversy has ended or until permanent replacement workers have been hired."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Air_Brakes

Received the same letter today Buzz. Thank goodness for the warm weather today.  My clothes didnt smell like smoke.

Kramer

Some went through correctly and some didn't. I guess it depended on who did the claim at UI. The woman I spoke to today from UI said; "we didn't have to do any of this. UI has a record of all companies that go on strike and when they did".  :crazy: