To All 1181 Members

Started by Ernie, February 01, 2013, 12:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

First I want to say that we are finally getting the coverage and respect we need from Christine Quinn and City Council. By tomorrow all city council members will be on board. I see that John and Patrick posted something in regards to going to walking over the bridge. It is a plan in progress through the union. We are trying to do everything we can to stay legal. We have applied for permits to attend the SI Zoo on Saturday, if we don't receive a permit for Saturday we cannot congregate in groups of more than 20 people in order for us not to break city ordinances. Of course our dictator mayor will not be attending the SI Zoo on Saturday. Christine Quinn will be there in his place.

I also spoke to Councilwoman Rose and they are getting together with our President and Larry Hanley. Also spoke to Michael Grimm's office to see if he will reach out on a federal level to reach the Governor. Remember in spite of all of what you see the contractors putting out there to get us back to work, we MUST stand strong and not give in. We are coming up on the last day of benefits and that is what the Mayor's office and the contractors are banking on to break us. We cannot allow them to break our spirits and brake us down with empty promises.

Respectfully
Ernie
I will return back on the line within a day or two. Bless you all.

dunghue

thanks for the info i believe 1181 members we are still standing strong  :thumbup: :wink_cheesy: :wink_cheesy: :wink_cheesy: :thumbup:

Rock Steady

Ernie you've been out there breaking your ass for all of us, rest and take care of yourself.

mirrorcheck

Thanks Ernie...we are getting closer.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

rc1790

Buzz

For those who do not know, Ernie has been out because he had an operation on his throat. He can't talk, is recuperating, and it's killing him not to be in the midst of all that is going on.

Feel better soon, Ern.  :wave2:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

terminator

Ernie
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US!
WE know you are ALWAYS there for us -
Dont risk coming back too quickly and risk your health
Take care of yourself and feel better!

wizardsi

Ernie best wishes on a speedy recovery..

Truth please

Take it easy big guy. Feel better. Unfortunatly a guy like you does not rule our union or we would not be where we are. The one reason we have to be thankful is when this is over many other guys in companies are going to be screwed but I think we will still be ok.

Manwithabus

Ernie, thank you for everything you're doing.  We wouldn't be able to do this without you and Andy.  You guys are the best.  Stay strong, stay together.

WTF

Best Wishs and Fast Recovery Erine. We are Standing and Walking Tall till You get back!!!  :thumbup: