Letter Could Have Been Written by Many

Started by Buzz, April 26, 2014, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Letter to the Editor from yesterday's Advance. Unfortunately, similar letters could be written by all too many of our 1181 brothers and sisters ... http://www.silive.com/opinion/letters/index.ssf/2014/04/bloomberg_gets_no_pass_to_heav.html#incart_river
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Recently, I saw a Ford Connect "School Bus" dropping off a kid on Bloomingdale Rd., and a Hyundai Santa Fe "School Bus" on Leverett Ave. Both were from companies we never heard of and I wish I had taken pictures because I could not even find pictures of these vehicles as schools buses online. But somehow the DOE was able to find and hire them! Obviously special ed, so besides the driver and matron, how many kids could either of these possibly hold? How could this be cost-effective? This is how the city is "saving" money on our backs?

Ford Connect

Take a look at some of the contracts that were awarded recently. Search "EMERGENCY SPECIAL ED TRANSPORTATION" and "EMERGENCY GENERAL ED TRANSPORTATION" and look at the amounts paid ... in some cases for just a few months of service! (Thanks to the forum member who sent me this link.) Best part is, THEY created the "emergency."

http://vendorportal.nycenet.edu/standalone/rcga/AwardedContracts.aspx

sbdriver1

That letter was actually written by my wife and its an accurate depiction of what's going on with us now. Not just me, but I'm sure a lot of us are going through the same thing thanks to Mr. Gatto and Mr. Bloomberg

Grrr

It wouldn't bother me in the least if Bloomberg used his free pass TODAY.   

yabba

pioneer  got 1.5 million in 3 months for emergency general ed..lol.i didn't see no emergency work in our staten island company.other then not having enough buses through  a horrible winter ..I guess that's more gravy to add to the millions we gave him back in our contract over 18 months for which he didn't take a penny less in his contract till 6-2015 actually he got a lot more pennies from the city including the 10% increase in taking the atlantic express runs. hope 1181 is there 5-16-2014 when the bids are opened..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 27, 2014, 12:24:49 PM
pioneer  got 1.5 million in 3 months for emergency general ed..lol.i didn't see no emergency work in our staten island company.

I'm assuming that would be for the AE runs, no?

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on April 26, 2014, 06:07:13 PM
That letter was actually written by my wife and its an accurate depiction of what's going on with us now. Not just me, but I'm sure a lot of us are going through the same thing thanks to Mr. Gatto and Mr. Bloomberg

From previous post, I know you have almost 30 years in. You didn't get work in the master pick?

sbdriver1

I now work for Gotham on Staten Island. I believe what my wife meant was if the EPPS are not put back in we are all in trouble

yabba

Probably is the ae work buzz.  But it does say emergency general ed work for pioneer

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 27, 2014, 06:32:17 PM
Probably is the ae work buzz.  But it does say emergency general ed work for pioneer

Possibly Queens.