Dry Runs Thurs. and Fri. for SOME

Started by Buzz, September 23, 2020, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Disclaimer: I don't know how people who don't read this website are supposed to know this, and this is NOT intended to be an official communication.

Nonetheless, Bobby Janks called and asked me to post that all those who do only public schools, i.e., did not do runs this week, are to come in Thursday and Friday to do dry runs.

There is no apparent rationale to this, as he does not see changes in mass numbers in any of the runs that he's looked at. (That's not to say a few might not have changed.)

No one will know if you read this or not so let your conscience be your guide. HOWEVER, I would strongly suggest if you don't go in on both days, be sure to go in on Friday! Monday is a holiday and you don't want to take a chance of them not paying you for it because you didn't bridge it.

Nobody has told me that they wouldn't pay you for the holiday, it's just me going by past practice and trying to give you a head's up.

For what it's worth ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

So tomorrow and Friday if you don't actually have a run to go out on you gotta do your full dry run for Thursday and Friday ?

yabba

there was no runs on our cards...
if we worked for private school we dont have to do dry run????

docjones

If you have no kids, and do only public schools go to your am school and your pm school in the afternoon and wait for them to tell you to leave. I had to call the office this morning to find out we had to go in today-friday. Would have never known if you don't read this web site...Thank you Buzz for posting some direction.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 23, 2020, 10:27:32 PM
So tomorrow and Friday if you don't actually have a run to go out on you gotta do your full dry run for Thursday and Friday ?

Yes.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 23, 2020, 10:54:30 PM

No. If you've been doing a run this week, you don't have to do a dry run ... Bobby specified this.

Buzz

Quote from: docjones on September 23, 2020, 10:55:45 PM
If you have no kids, and do only public schools go to your am school and your pm school in the afternoon and wait for them to tell you to leave. I had to call the office this morning to find out we had to go in today-friday. Would have never known if you don't read this web site...Thank you Buzz for posting some direction.

Things changed since this morning. '

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 23, 2020, 11:04:34 PM
Quote from: yabba on September 23, 2020, 10:54:30 PM

No. If you've been doing a run this week, you don't have to do a dry run ... Bobby specified this.

thanks again buzz

WigWag16

So Buzz can we do the PM run right after the AM run or we gotta do the PM in the afternoon

hideout

Buzz, on another topic, do you know if we will be getting a letter from Empire or 1181 that our coverage is reinstated as per a certain date. I need such a letter for a billing problem I am having? Thanks!

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 24, 2020, 12:31:20 AM
So Buzz can we do the PM run right after the AM run or we gotta do the PM in the afternoon

He didn't say ... I think anytime during the day, just like 2 weeks ago. Sign run and hand in. 

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 24, 2020, 12:35:22 AM
Buzz, on another topic, do you know if we will be getting a letter from Empire or 1181 that our coverage is reinstated as per a certain date. I need such a letter for a billing problem I am having? Thanks!

I've made Ernie aware of this a while ago. I'll see if he has an answer yet.

Some will need it to cancel Part B.

rc1790

Pioneer just sent an email. How do we document student stop info when schools don't allow anyone into buildings. Plus, Catholic school split schedules will have only certain students those days. You would think it would make more sense for the schools to provide that info to the company.

WigWag16

2) Report to your schools listed on your route to confirm ridership details with the school;
3) List student/stop details received from the school on the back of your route sheet;

I don't think we are allowed in the school, can we get clarification on what we must do for these two situations.

rc1790

We are not allowed in the schools. Do you really think we could call them and ask for student info. I guess we could put unable to obtain student info and document it our sheets.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on September 24, 2020, 01:51:01 AM
I guess we could put unable to obtain student info and document it our sheets.

Perfect. With the possible exception of special ed, this is not our job.

Schools should be sending that info to OPT and OPT should reflect it on the runs.

Sign and date the run and hand it in.