Strike Ballotts Being Cast

Started by Buzz, June 13, 2023, 03:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

vote.jpg

Delegates John Cleary (left) and Joe Micciulli conducting ballotting at Arthur Kill this morning.

There are still 2 smaller companies yet to vote (tomorrow) but so far the voting is overwhelmingly in favor of a strike ... 90% or better.

For instance, yesterday NYCSBUS vote 900-something "Yes" vs. 60-something "No." I apologize for not remembering the exact figures as John told me.

So there's no doubt the strike vote will pass, but remember, that does NOT mean we are immediately on strike or ever will be. It's just us authorizing the local to call a strike should negotiations break down to that point.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

I'll post our vote tally as soon as Anthony lets me know.

Buzz

Pioneer S.I. vote tally: 294 - YES, 68 - NO, `1 - VOID

Buzz

I have to say, frankly I'm surprised at the number of NO votes. Clearly, 68 people didn't understand the assignment. 68 people are saying, "I don't care if the owners don't give us any more or even take away some of what we have" ... because that's exactly what you're saying if you don't hold the threat of a strike over their heads.

I'll chalk it up to complete ignorance as to how negotiations work. SMH

mirrorcheck

I'm
Hearing NYCBus had a lot of yes Votes as well. Also rumor is IC will have a vote too
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Bussin4Livin

Someone I know said IC is all voting yes and same with NYCER before they voted yesterday

Slowbus

Buzz

I'm told many of the NO votes came from matrons. (Apparently more of them came back to the yard to vote than I would have anticipated.)

I know a lot of them have bad memories of nearly losing their health benefits the last strike, but somebody has to explain to them that without the threat of a strike they could even lose some of what they have now and the union couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Smarten up, girls.

Buzz

The vote tally combined was 2725 - YES, 219 - NO. (That's about 93% in favor.) As explained to me by John Cleary, the reason so few votes overall is because only the legacy companies and NYCSBUS voted now (no IC bus, All American, etc.) because those are the contracts being negotiated now.

But, in the event we did go on strike ALL 1181 school bus companies doing NYC DOE work would be on strike.

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on June 15, 2023, 04:25:07 PMThe vote tally combined was 2725 - YES, 219 - NO. (That's about 93% in favor.) As explained to me by John Cleary, the reason so few votes overall is because only the legacy companies and NYCSBUS voted now (no IC bus, All American, etc.) because those are the contracts being negotiated now.

But, in the event we did go on strike ALL 1181 school bus companies doing NYC DOE work would be on strike.

💭 those 219 that voted no what are they afraid of ?

mirrorcheck

Afraid of the unknown(the 219)  and Stockholm syndrome for the owners.....bad combination when every union is doing well with new contracts or straight cleaning up
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

QuoteAfraid of the unknown(the 219)  and Stockholm syndrome for the owners.....bad combination when every union is doing well with new contracts or straight cleaning up
Our union does not negotiate with the City, we are not City employees. We should not expect what the City employee unions are achieving.

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on June 15, 2023, 11:21:07 PMOur union does not negotiate with the City, we are not City employees. We should not expect what the City employee unions are achieving.

This is true basically. However this time around the city is actually  part of the negotiations because NYCSBUS is being negotiated with us. They've sat in on other contract negotiations but now it's almost like the city is negotiating with itself.

Bussin4Livin

See a paycheck like today shouldn't be acceptable UNLESS we were able to collect unemployment WHICH we are not. 2 day and 3 day paychecks is a disgrace which is why guaranteed weeks NEED to be for ALL!

Slowbus

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on June 16, 2023, 01:00:32 PMSee a paycheck like today shouldn't be acceptable UNLESS we were able to collect unemployment WHICH we are not. 2 day and 3 day paychecks is a disgrace which is why guaranteed weeks NEED to be for ALL!
disgusting bro is not our fault that there was fire in Canada 🇨🇦 I was ready willing and able to choke while driving on Tuesday and Wednesday  I thought I was going to get like a snow day Pay or something   Boy Was I wrong. It's sad  But at the same time I'm not surprised