Lack of respected leadership led to this, we deserve better, time for a change!!

Started by 24yrs1181, April 14, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

EDITED

Posted by John Israel & the 2014 Salerno Slate

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on April 14, 2014, 07:11:01 PM
You cannot "copy and paste" copyrighted material.

After reading that article, THAT'S WHAT BOTHERS YOU? 

Did you see that our bids went out without the EPP?

The ineffectiveness of our Union President.

Did you see that 2500 people will lose thier jobs this June and we could be losing our jobs in 2015?

Our pensions could be in jeopardy.

You better call Cordiello and tell him that we're running out of time. 

Buzz

As long as it's me they can sue and not you, YES, THAT'S WHAT BOTHERS ME.

(And it's not like they told us anything we didn't already know.)

24yrs1181

Site administrator: I appreciate the fact that this site exists, and I don't take for granted  the privilege to be able to post my viewpoint and important information in this forum, I was under the impression that as long as the author of the article was posted with his written material unedited it was within the guidelines, My bad, sorry, John.

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on April 15, 2014, 07:22:22 AM
... I was under the impression that as long as the author of the article was posted with his written material unedited it was within the guidelines ...

Not so. It is usually the website/publication that owns the copyright, not the author. But in either case, naming the source of the "unedited" material does not mitigate the fact that without express written permission to reproduce it ... from the copyright owner ... constitutes copyright infringement.

Aside from that, your postings so far have been limited to material critical of the current executive board. There has been no indication of what and how anybody else would do differently or better. "Don't vote for this guy" is not necessarily a basis for, "Vote for my guy instead."

24yrs1181

Point taken on both topics , In regards to my obvious disappointment with our current union leadership and  the critical postings I have made, all I can say is that the destruction of my union, my job and possibly the pension I devoted most of my adult life to has pointed me in a direction to be active in this way,I had to make a choice on weather to sit back, complain and do nothing, and let all this happen around me, or to try to take a part in supporting Thomas Salerno to take the union in a different direction. I take no pleasure in posting up all the negative articles about where my union is now and what is coming in the short future, I would rather be on the computer finding my kid hockey skates or booking a vacation. There was a time when I was as much a cheerleader of our leadership as anyone, more so, John Ambrosio, I cant say enough of the man, may he rest in peace, Sal was a strong , tough leader and did a lot for the membership, so I look at these two men and I look at Tommy and I see a similarity that I will never see in Michael. Tommy spent most of his career up at the union representing members that were in jeopardy of being terminated from the job, a pre curser of what the current day is now, and I respect him for that, and would be happy to support him as our new skipper. As far as what he needs to do in turning this sinking ship around, I wont put words in his mouth and let him put his platform out there in his own way, I can tell you this, you wont need a appointment to bring a problem to your delegate, the open door policy that we used to have will be reinstated, no guards at the gate and special keys needed for the elevator to go to the third floor, thats for people hiding from the members. What I will say is how I would conduct myself as a delegate and what my job would be going to work every day, it would be protecting the civil rights of the membership and making sure the elected shop stewards were doing the same. There is a hell of a lot of damage control to do out there and finding the right answers wont be easy, finding a better man for the job will, a strong leader  = motivated delegates = effective shop stewards = a workplace where the members are respected,  that would be a fresh start for the future. John Israel & the 2014 Salerno Slate

Grrr

I think you have a good shot at converting Buzz to your slate.  Keep it up.

Buzz

@24yrs1181: Everybody's worried about their pensions (including the EB, by he way). You mean Salerno can do something about getting the EPP reinstated? What? How?

24yrs1181

I got to tell you Buzz the trouble our union has with the pension keeps me up at night, I suffered 25 yrs. getting up at 4 a.m. like most of us do, and if it all turns to crap I will be going from the bus to the nursing home with nothing in between, so you want to know what Tommy would do in regards to the pension and the EPP, its not my place to put words in his mouth, and if he has no fresh ideas, I will stand behind the man who does. Tommy has been talking on the radio on a call in show every Tuesday night between 7:00 and 9:00  90.8 FM you can ask him about the topics that concerns all of us, EPP , pensions, why this mayor will not work with Michael Cordiello, why we do not stop local 100 from raiding our membership and so on, He has spoken out on all of the issues that we are facing. The Cordiello team were handed a union in very good financial shape, John and Sal did right by us, and by the  lack of  strong leadership and a sound vision for the future we are now looking at a lot of  complicated problems, but in regards to the pension,you know we are not the only union on the block, other unions go out and hire the best and the brightest who specialize in making the hard earned money invested in pension plans run like a Rolex watch, professional investors hired by New York State, New York City, the Teamsters, the Carpenter union, the Electrician union, and so on, take a look and see what they do with the amount of money they bring in verses what they issue to their retirees, see who they hire as Actuary's, I would not be surprised if you will find other unions taking in less money from there members and giving out bigger pensions. The EPP is in the hands of this new SOB mayor that, for whatever reason, wont deal with Michael on th EPP or anything else,  maybe it was the corruption,  maybe he is waiting for our union elections, I dont know, but when he had a news conference on his first 100 days in office he could not stop talking about the dam overworked horses in Central Park, but nothing about US. Michael said get off the picket lines we got a deal with the next mayor," MISSION ACCOMPLISHED "??, I have seen many times city unions putting up full page adds about the issues that confront their members in the Daily News, the Post, why don't we see a advertisement from A.T.U. local 1181 about how our brothers and sisters who have been safely and professionally transporting handicapped children in this city each and every day for 35 years with the EPP, and how the EPP has kept the city's children the safest transported school children in the country, and how we are now being victimized , victimized by the last administration, victimized by the current administration, AND HOW OUR FUTURE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DAM HORSES !!!,,, I want to see that in the news paper,,Buzz we all have questions, sorry to say my friend you wont get the answers on Woodhaven Blvd.

posted by John Israel & the 2014 Salerno Slate

John Eadicicco

Buzz

@24yrs1181: What say you if Michael IS successful in getting deBlasio to restore the EPP?

Grrr

Buzz: What say you if Michael ISN'T successful in getting deBlasio to restore the EPP?

Just_Right

First let me say this to John  Israel  and the Salerno slate.

Michael may not be doing what YOU think should be done..and he may not be running the union the way You think it should be..I believe Michael is doing the best he can at this point in time. And for what it's worth..we know what we got with him...As far as you and the Salerno sweeties..we got cop callers,FBI informers,all they do is call the district attorneys  and file charges of false accusations of criminal acts...You see I been around a long time too. And what I see in the Salerno sweeties is nothing but trouble. There is no need for anyone to solicit on this website. And yes John Eadicicco remember what you said on another post  in here..*Everyone has an opinion"
If you weigh out all our options we may not be 100 percent in agreement with Michael,but I am sure you don't know what goes on there on a day to day basis and the idea of Rayna Martinez as our VP..No way..then you better get ready for that retirement home sooner than you think. They don't come worse than her.I got rocks in my garden smarter than her.

Don't bother the drivers from Pioneer SI..we don't need their crap of lies and deceit.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on April 16, 2014, 08:48:24 PM
...As far as you and the Salerno sweeties..we got cop callers,FBI informers,all they do is call the district attorneys  and file charges of false accusations of criminal acts...

Yeah ... it's funny how the very people who destroyed this union (under the guise of "cleaning it up") are the ones who now say they are good for what ails it.  I think it's a form of Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

24yrs1181

Guys lets not lose sight on what is in front of all this discussion, it is one of many  independently written articles from  sources that do not have a dog in this fight,  the sum of concise independent investigations from professional reporters who are stating the facts that are going to affect our future careers and salary, facts that you will not see in the  " IN Transit"  magazine. So weather you are lucky to have not been affected yet by what is going on in our industry, or you are already having to  face some tough choices, you should have access to this important material. We should  feel fortunate that people outside our industry care enough about what is happening to the members of our union to put there time and reputations out there, to investigate and report how through greed and curruption  they see our jobs that pay a fair wage for today reverse back to salary that would have been acceptable in 1972.

On another note I would appreciate not being referenced to as SWEETIE, the last dude that called me SWEETIE wore a pink shirt and was walking a Shih tzu, that wasn,t you , was it?

Just_Right

We are not losing sight of the issues on the table. That is why we don't need you to point out what WE need. I did not call you or refer to you as a Salerno Sweetie but since you put yourself in this category fine with me. And by the way I didn't wear your pink shirt that day or walk your lil waste of life dog.And by your accusations of the color of shirt or choice of animals you are degrading Homosexuals and that my friend is prejudice should we address this now?

Stop head hunting with the union. We already know there was outside companies investigating and found NO MONIES misused.Our union is working at it's best right now for the beaten it has taken over the last year. So why do we need YOU or anyone else to search for more troubles. Stay on track with the IMPORTANT issues at hand. What we need to do is get the Salerno Sweeties off this site and $cumbags like you who have an agenda that you are running for a position on the board that you know NOTHING about. Before you start running your mouth about the union you need to get your facts right.

And no I am not prejudice against prophylactics'..But if you continue to act like one you will be referred to as one.

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on April 17, 2014, 04:07:25 PM
Guys lets not lose sight on what is in front of all this discussion, it is one of many  independently written articles from  sources that do not have a dog in this fight ...

For not having a "dog in this fight" the WSWS article you referred to above is certainly as biased as The Chief. With a statement like, "...the current leadership embodied by the corrupt and discredited Cordiello ..." though the opposite has been proven repeatedly, really makes it a non-credible "source."

... the sum of concise independent investigations from professional reporters who are stating the facts ...

Not "facts." They are anti-Cordiello formed opinions.

... people outside our industry care enough about what is happening to the members of our union to put there time and reputations out there, to investigate and report how through greed and curruption ...

Well, they certainly use terms like "greed" and "corruption" enough ... without offering any evidence whatsoever. And, again, repeated audits and investigations by government agencies have proven the exact opposite.

Goose623

Without the EPP there will b no union... Wake up
People the elections r useless.. N no matter who is or was president bloomberg was going to and do this to us..

Goose623

And also I don't care u have 24 yrs or 2 yrs does it matter... We all need are jobs..