"Members for Change" made a change.

Started by 24yrs1181, May 06, 2014, 05:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

Today I was contacted by people who represent the group known as " Members for change ", I was asked to make a post on this site in regards to a decision they have made , today Members for change overwhelmingly voted to remove Raina Martinez from their movement, I applaud this decision that in my opinion was made for the overall benefit of our union's election process as it removes a polarizing figure from getting in the way of what should be an important focus on ideas and opposing opinions that our membership will be seeing and voting on during this very important election cycle. Out of respect of the members that have been posting their forceful opinions on this site of anyone that will be opposing the current president and his executive board, I have not made any recent critical posts, I do understand that there are some people being led by blind loyalty and a fear that this much needed change will be coming to our union's leadership , I am sure that the 4500 ( and growing ) out of work members that are no longer getting a salary and no longer CONTRIBUTING  to our pension plan fear that this change will not be coming.

Posted by John Israel & the 2014 Salerno Slate

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 06, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
... Members for change overwhelmingly voted to remove Raina Martinez from their movement, I applaud this decision that in my opinion was made for the overall benefit of our union's election process as it removes a polarizing figure from getting in the way...

Pretty bad when a "polarizing" person is ousted from a group that itself is "polarizing." Thanks for sharing.

... I do understand that there are some people being led by blind loyalty and a fear that this much needed change will be coming to our union's leadership ...

If "blind loyalty" is having the ability to recognize who has the best chance of getting the EPP back, regardless of what some people's personal opinions might be, then I guess some of us are blindly loyal. However, the same people are not blind enough to believe the promises of candidates who have absolutely no idea how to run a union, but think they can.

I am sure that the 4500 ( and growing ) out of work members that are no longer getting a salary and no longer CONTRIBUTING  to our pension plan fear that this change will not be coming.

And you and the slate you're on could have prevented these people from being out of work? If so, please tell us how.

Do you know how to "change" this? Being you have appointed yourself spokesman for the group on this site, please tell us how YOU would change this.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Manwithabus

Excellent rebuttal, Buzz.  I couldn't have have said it better.  Some people just don't get it.......

Just_Right

I am pleased to hear of the removal..but I think I told you in one of my past posts to STAY off this site. You and the rest of the Salerno  Slate have no clue how to run a Bus Union.

*Shakes my head and sighs as I read Salerno's bio..I had to stop to puke.

I have been in this union a long time and the only time his name came up it had NOTHING to do with Union business.Each time his name was spoken ,it was told how he was making false accusations about up standing members,and all him and his brother know how to do is to make false allegations against the now current board.
Which leads me to you Mr puppet on a string.You are the same type of mutt that Salerno and the rest of the slate are. So crawl back under your rock for the next 3 years and let REAL MEN lead our union.