A Shop Stewart's perspective

Started by 24yrs1181, May 11, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

Shop Steward A.T.U. Local 1181

As a shop steward posting my name would only get me terminated from my position. Many of us were paid to push this contract. Michael and his executive board told the company's to put the contract in front of the people two days prior to the signing giving the members no time to discuss what they were losing. Michael recommended to the company's, keep the salaries the same if the members see no deduction In there paycheck we will get these contracts signed. Knowing the membership was scared of losing their jobs, he was successful.
Michael and his executive board's goals are to get the senior membership out he wants them to retire . Right now the entire Executive Board along with our attorney's are putting a new amendment into our by laws, it will read no one will be allowed to withdraw their money from the union, this in return will get every senior member to retire immediately saving the company's millions of dollars . The companies are already hiring people at 10 to 14 dollars an hour. Hundreds of members have retired already these members will no longer receive retirement benefits come this September and have already been removed from the prescription plans. Members are already retiring thinking they have benefits they will all be surprised in September. Michael and his executive board know once they get rid of the senior members they will never be a opposed again they will have jobs for the rest of their lives. Michael and his executive board will eventually make our job become a part time job but their salaries will not change. As a shop steward I was left on the picket line without one visit from my delegate or my president. I too am retiring after 23 years as a shop steward in September because I am fed up with what this job has become under the reign of Michael and his executive board. Then to see the trash he puts on his slate overlooking qualified shop stewards for years it disgusts me. I would like to revisit just one more issue. I was paid by Michael and his executive board organizing money to make up the difference in my salary for the strike a number of shop stewards were paid up to $51,000. This payoff did not involve all shop stewards, mostly in larger yards where Michael and his executive board could get the most support. If you think this is lies ask your shop stewards to show you their W2

PROUD MEMBER

24yrs1181
I read your post and I hope & pray for myself and all the members of 1181 and our families that there is no truth to it at all. The manner in which you state and write things is very convincing but there is ONE PROBLEM. If you have been a shop steward for 23 years and so concerned about the welfare of your Union Brothers & Sisters how come you haven't spoke about and tried to put an end to these alleged accusations in the past. Obviously you had to know. Also (especially if you are retiring) why don't you come forward and state who you are. I for one and I would assume the entire Local (with the exception of those you are accusing) would commend you. BUT UNLESS YOU WERE TO COME FORWARD AND PROVE THAT WHAT YOU SAVE IS THE TRUTH MY VOTE IS FOR THE CORDIELLO SLATE. RIGHT NOW WE NEED A PRESIDENT & BOARD WITH EXPERIENCE. Someone who tries to sway my vote with accusations that he or she does not back up just doesn't cut it!!!

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 11, 2014, 05:46:33 PMAs a shop steward posting my name would only get me terminated from my position. ... I too am retiring after 23 years as a shop steward in September because I am fed up with what this job has become under the reign of Michael and his executive board.

Right ... in one breath you're afraid of getting terminated as shop steward, in another you're giving it up anyway. Completely believable if you're talking to total morons.

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 11, 2014, 05:46:33 PMMichael and his executive board told the company's to put the contract in front of the people two days prior to the signing giving the members no time to discuss what they were losing. Michael recommended to the company's, keep the salaries the same if the members see no deduction In there paycheck we will get these contracts signed. Knowing the membership was scared of losing their jobs, he was successful.

How diabolical!!! Or was it that Michael WOULD NOT LET THEM REDUCE our current salaries? And maybe, just maybe, he was successful because what we lost was a far cry less than what we lost in the IMPOSED contract last April. But I guess your spin serves your purposes.

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 11, 2014, 05:46:33 PMMichael and his executive board's goals are to get the senior membership out he wants them to retire . Right now the entire Executive Board along with our attorney's are putting a new amendment into our by laws, it will read no one will be allowed to withdraw their money from the union, this in return will get every senior member to retire immediately saving the company's millions of dollars .

So, let me get this straight. Michael wants to get senior men off the companies' payrolls so they can start depleting the retirement fund? And, get rid of these senior men only to be REPLACED BY SENIOR MEN FROM THE MASTER LIST? Is that what you're saying? Wow, you're quite the whistle blower.

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 11, 2014, 05:46:33 PM
Michael and his executive board know once they get rid of the senior members they will never be a opposed again they will have jobs for the rest of their lives.

The flaw in that line of crap is that most senior guys SUPPORT Michael. But hey, Keep throwing shit against the wall. For the right idiots, some of it will stick.

Hundreds of members have retired already these members will no longer receive retirement benefits come this September and have already been removed from the prescription plans. Members are already retiring thinking they have benefits they will all be surprised in September.

Chaaa ... ya' know what? Prescriptions for retirees were lost due to Obamacare's requirement that there be no cap on such a benefit. (It was $1000/year.) So, there was no choice but to drop that from the coverage. But, being as astute and knowledgeable as your are, you probably already knew that. But telling the TRUTH is contrary to your agenda.

I was paid by Michael and his executive board organizing money to make up the difference in my salary for the strike a number of shop stewards were paid up to $51,000. This payoff did not involve all shop stewards, mostly in larger yards where Michael and his executive board could get the most support. If you think this is lies ask your shop stewards to show you their W2

So we lost about $5000 in pay during the strike. And you're telling us that Michael paid some stewards UP TO 10 TIMES THAT AMOUNT?!!! Hilarious!! Everybody knows Michael is too cheap to have done anything like that. Thanks for the laugh!!

As thick as your bullshit is, it's amazingly transparent. I know it goes against your grain, but why don't you come clean and tell us you're on the Salerno slate, so everybody will know what assholes you take us for.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 11, 2014, 07:09:36 PM
... why don't you come forward and state who you are.

Goes to show you how sharp these guys are. He has posted numerous times on this board under the same username and the last line is usually, "Posted by John Isreal and the Salerno Slate." What a schmuck!!

And he's one of the brighter ones on that slate!!! At least he can speak English!

Buzz

In case he tries to delete it, here is his post in its entirety:

Shop Steward A.T.U. Local 1181

As a shop steward posting my name would only get me terminated from my position. Many of us were paid to push this contract. Michael and his executive board told the company's to put the contract in front of the people two days prior to the signing giving the members no time to discuss what they were losing. Michael recommended to the company's, keep the salaries the same if the members see no deduction In there paycheck we will get these contracts signed. Knowing the membership was scared of losing their jobs, he was successful.
Michael and his executive board's goals are to get the senior membership out he wants them to retire . Right now the entire Executive Board along with our attorney's are putting a new amendment into our by laws, it will read no one will be allowed to withdraw their money from the union, this in return will get every senior member to retire immediately saving the company's millions of dollars . The companies are already hiring people at 10 to 14 dollars an hour. Hundreds of members have retired already these members will no longer receive retirement benefits come this September and have already been removed from the prescription plans. Members are already retiring thinking they have benefits they will all be surprised in September. Michael and his executive board know once they get rid of the senior members they will never be a opposed again they will have jobs for the rest of their lives. Michael and his executive board will eventually make our job become a part time job but their salaries will not change. As a shop steward I was left on the picket line without one visit from my delegate or my president. I too am retiring after 23 years as a shop steward in September because I am fed up with what this job has become under the reign of Michael and his executive board. Then to see the trash he puts on his slate overlooking qualified shop stewards for years it disgusts me. I would like to revisit just one more issue. I was paid by Michael and his executive board organizing money to make up the difference in my salary for the strike a number of shop stewards were paid up to $51,000. This payoff did not involve all shop stewards, mostly in larger yards where Michael and his executive board could get the most support. If you think this is lies ask your shop stewards to show you their W2

24yrs1181

All the posts I have made in the past I was speaking for myself and had no problem signing my name to what I have written, in this case, personally, I have no respect for someone that hides his name from his opinions, BUT when I read this I was floored, I thought since it did not speak of the election one way or another, I would just post it unsigned and let it sink or swim on its own merits, and as Proud Member said why did you not come forward in a more reasonable time, also anyone who takes money to pull a  fast one on our membership who are suffering every day should  "DROP DEAD BEFORE THEY GET TEN CENTS OF THEIR PENSION, I myself think its a load of crap.
Posted by John Israel

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously anything posted on this site or anywhere with regards to how this Local has been run, is being run and/or will be run is words that are in DIRECT connection to the election especially when it's only a month away. I personally do not believe in negative campaigning. No I should say negative accusations UNLESS THEY CAN BE PROVED BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. If I knew of anything that anyone (no matter what Slate their on) did that is detrimental to this Local and I could prove it I would post it and post my name. Otherwise I listen to what the positives of All the Candidates are and I make my decision. So again I say the Cordiello Slate has my vote based on Experience and the Already Made Connections with City Government. That is not to say that I cannot change my opinion but it has to be Proved to me that the Cordiello Slate has deliberately not kept our best interest.

Just_Right

Listen you piece of shit.I TOLD you stay off this site . You not only LIE but you make up stories. I can't imagine what good you did for the people you are to represent.How dare you get on this site an d make up bold face lies and accusations about our President and Executive board members. Are you that DUMB to think that the intelligent people who work at Pioneer are going to swallow the s\hit you spoke of? Do we seem that incompetent enough to you to believe a man who talks nothing but shit?

Ernie

First I wish to address Mr. Isreal: the fabrications to your story is absurd,

#1  I ran from yard to yard on Staten Island, along with my assistant and quite a few other drivers from my yard. We did all we could to keep the moral up and not give up on our President and Executive board while they fought the legal way for our EPP.

#2   We drove from early morning to late evening, trying the best we could to keep things going. We stood and walked as many steps as every other member of this Union. We froze along side them.

#3  I drove my OWN car from yard to yard. I paid for my gas from MY pocket. I bought coffee and food from my OWN money.As well as my assistant and co-workers who walked along side me. They paid from their pockets. We ALL did the same from OUR pockets. Not the UNION!

#4 . Now before I get angrier at the comments you made. I will GLADLY show you my W2 form in a heartbeat from 1181 Strike fund and Steward Check.

#5 Also while you worked ONE shift .I along with my assistant and the drivers that were by my side during that trying time worked ALL shifts for the same pay as ONE shift.

So, in closing I believe you owe each and every one of my drivers Attendants and mechanics an apology for speaking the lies you just stated .Unless you can prove with hard evidence that people were paid extra for doing what all were doing. Then Stick to your agenda. We know who you are and we know what you are. We know what you are running for. So it would be a wise choice for you  to try to win on your own merit and accomplishments. NOT lies.

NOTE: To everyone that I worked with on the strike line. Please forgive me for not posting your Names. As I did not have your prior Permission to do so. But know that I stood proudly with each and every one of you.

Ernie

24yrs1181

To Ernie, I  am in no way making an allegation to you or any Shop Stewart, this was a RE-POSTING of a unsigned anonymous letter that was floating out there , people tell me you're a good guy, a caring  co worker and Stewart  to the members out there on the Island and this respect you have earned. I wasn't pointing my finger at you or anybody

So lets get this straight, that article is NOT MY WORDS, it was posted in another forum, I read it,and I said I did not respect it because it was not signed, personally I CANT believe it has any truth to it because if you believe any of what was written, where do you go from there, it would be a system that would be so stacked against a person you could not beat it ,and a rank and file guy would really have no chance, I reluctantly put it out there the way that person wrote it, unsigned, It was not my allegations. Maybe it should not have been re posted,  but it was already out there, its got to be one of the most f---ed up things I ever read, If I made a mistake in re posting someone's anonymous letter and offended some peoples sensibilities I apologize for that, whoever is the author of that, weather it is true or false,in my opinion is a piece of crap, John Israel

Ernie

To John Isreal

First I would like to thank you for your apology. It's appreciated, and hopefully in the future you will not post any negative posts on this website that is not confined. Again I know you have an agenda and this is not the website for you to be bashing the Codriello Slate. Yes I know everyone has an opinion .But we would like to see people come on here and be positive. Especially for the hardship that the former mayor has placed on the members of 1181 and all the other affiliated unions. It is unfair to put such lies out there at this crucial time, some members are still trying to overcome the hardship. And some will be facing new ones.

We must be respectful to each and every one of our brothers and sisters. And run a positive slate. At this point in time we are headed in a positive direction in that we have reached the point of finally being heard by our state senate. And as I am sure you know we have re-submitted the bill for the EPP to the Assembly and the Senate and are waiting for them to send it to a committee to review it and to submit to the Governor for approval.
        So regardless of what anonymous people write .You and I hold a position to see that our people are protected and told truths and not be misguided by lies.

Respectfully
Ernie

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on May 12, 2014, 11:41:18 PM
...this was a RE-POSTING of a unsigned anonymous letter that was floating out there ... So lets get this straight, that article is NOT MY WORDS, it was posted in another forum...

Perhaps you should have said from the beginning that it was not your original post. Nonetheless, as scathing as it is, your motive for RE-posting it from Salerno's web page is obvious.

Just_Right

Hey Buddy
You said this was posted on some other forum.Well I want to know what forum because I want to go there and see the shit their posting.And get on that forum and post some shit like you do.

Buzz

Quote from: Just_Right on May 13, 2014, 02:39:23 AM
Hey Buddy
You said this was posted on some other forum.Well I want to know what forum because I want to go there and see the shit their posting.And get on that forum and post some shit like you do.

Here ya' go ... http://time4changenow.angelfire.com/tell-us-whats-on-your-mind.html

Goose623

Just to start off I am for the Cordiello slate!! I was hoping Ernie would have been on it.. With Eddie retiring and Ernie retiring or not on it.. I am disappointed that we on Staten Island pioneer who overwhelming votes for Michael and his slate that we won't have somebody  up at the union...all that Ernie has done during the strike and otherwise... Why dont we have someone on the slate??? Whether it be Andy or I think Buzz deserves it to for his ideas n this website.. Just my opinion..