retired Firefighter Thomas Salerno honored at ground zero today

Started by 24yrs1181, May 18, 2014, 12:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grrr

After reading all these posts, it has become crystal clear who to vote for.

terminator

It always seems that some members of the Union ALWAYS are 'on board' with the opposition to the current board. Must be personal!...lol

John Eadicicco

This post is for goose 623 , Just Right and many others! ANYONE who hides behind a screen name has absolutely no credibility as far as I'm concerned. How dare you judge me about being bitter. You are clueless and have no spine. Never have and never will be bitter. I guess you will blame someone else about being on strike for 5 weeks last year. I was against it from the get go because we didn't have the backing of the other locals and look what happened. END of story. Come and talk to me whenever you can find time to STOP hiding behind a screen name! Maybe you should educate yourself by talking to drivers in other companies like I do weekly, to find out if all the companies have similar complaints about the goings on of 1181, and maybe just maybe you will not look through your rose colored glasses when it comes time to make choices of our leadership. Please educate me on what we have gained in our Health and Welfare in the last 8 years? Neil pocketed approximately $800K off our rank and file with this WONDERFUL contract we ratified, just Easter week ALONE, while STILL earning the SAME contract until June 2015!!!!!!!!!!!

Buster

Hey John..What do you give a shit about our welfare and health? You're a big time retired cop you got welfare and health from the city of New York. And we all know about you going to other drivers and talking about your days of Mr. Delegate of the policeman's association. Stop the crying and trying to change something you know nothing about. Cordiello did not take away our EPP. The fuking last mayor did. You can't blame everything on Cordiello. And if you think the Salerno slate is better you are so wrong. I agree with everyone who thinks Salerno is wrong for us. He can't do what Cordiello can and has. And I don't HAVE to HIDE from anyone. I see you every day. And I'm tired of hearing you rant and rave like a baby not getting your way. If you are so unhappy here and with this union, you have a choice. Get the hell out. You're a loser and always have been.

PROUD MEMBER

I THOUGHT THE IDEA OF A UNION WAS TO BE THOUGHTFUL, RESPECTFUL AND KIND TO OTHERS! ESPECIALLY YOUR BROTHERS & SISTERS AND THEIR OPINIONS! If someone has an opinion on how to make this Local better, I listen. No matter if I agree or not I respect that opinion. I can't believe how people bash fellow members about their views. It is unbecoming for any Union Member!!

Buzz

Let's face it. There are some who would vote for a tree stump instead of the Cordiello slate. They've been malcontents since long before the strike and new contract. They're the same ones who damaged this union long ago when they did their parts to "clean up" 1181. Now they're unhappy with what their efforts have wrought ... they always will be. And they will vote to destroy this union even more.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

1union

I don't always agree with John but he brings what he believes is what's best for all of us and doesn't become a computer tough guy and hide behind a screen like most on this site do.  Being we can't debate the issues without name calling or ramifications.  I welcome all who choose to put themselves in harms way to making owr working conditions better.  John, Tommy S. And Michael C. Are not the are not the problem, the problem is OPT, Owen and Neil (aka Neil Gatto jr...lol) that's just my opinion.    God bless 1181

John Eadicicco

Hey Buster............Grow some ONIONS and come and talk to me PERSONALLY! But YOU WONT, cause YOU are a COWARD. I put my name out on this site. The FIRST to do so. I've been here over 20 years and this union has gone downhill ever since Sal left. PLEASE tell me the positives that our current board has given us? Oh I forgot......................LOSS of accrual checks................................ LOSS of 40 week guarantee................... LOSS of overtime........................ HEARINGS for EVERYTHING from Light Bulbs to SPILLING COFFEE ON A STUDENT......................When I started the pension was $913 a month for a 20 year veteran and I was contributing approx. $10 weekly....of which the BOSS paid double into the fund. Now we contribute approx. $42 weekly and the BOSS contributes LESS then Double now.................and my pension JUMPED thru the roof to approx. $1300 Monthly.............WOW!.............Put up FACTS and then be JUDGED! But you and your cronies WILL NOT. Keep slinging mud at me, I am MAN enough to challenge anything you come up with. I will be happy to discuss any of the FACTS with you. But ...............the TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

John
I always respect your opinion and obviously everything in your last post is fact. Two things I would have to say though is that even if Sal were still President he would not have been able to stop Bloomberg which is the direct reason we have taken all of the losses you mentioned. Secondly, with the state that this Local is currently in because of Bloomberg I feel it probably would be the end of the line for all of us if the Salerno Slate got in. I'm not saying they do not have the best interest of this Local in mind but right now it is to crucial a time to take a chance. We need not only Michael but his entire Slate for their experience and knowledge of the ins & outs of how to run a Union.

John Eadicicco

Then tell me what experienced people Michael has on his slate? Mostly newcomers. Eddie Gig and Angelo Sorrentino running for the hills, WHY? Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out, and by NO MEANS with this comment it is disrespectful to you or anyone else. The smart $$$ says they see the handwriting on the wall.

Buster

Listen John I don't give 2 shits that you were the first to put your name here. I could care less. So get off the freaking podium.
And please stop quoting what you call facts. FACT is Cordiello  didn't do what you CLAIM he did for reasons you want to say he ruined us. He had no choice but to do what was done. SIMPLE fact here is the jerk off mayor gave him no CHOICE!! You do know what a choice is? That mayor was lower than scum for putting our backs up against the wall. You can't be that jaded to say it was all Cordiello's fault? And btw that poster with Salernos Picture with the bull horn is an old picture and it wasn't for the EPP.!!!!! It was a rally for Members for Change and if you look close enough you'll see Eddy Kay bending down to get out of way!!!!!!. So if your boy was so righteous then what's up with all the lies?????? Did you enjoy taking your boy to breakfast this morning to drum up more lies?????
And for your FYI I have a choice to use my name or not, and if you think I am in fear of you. You are so wrong. The thing is I know if I get in your face I would ruin your knock out image Johnny knockout.
Oh yea one other thing....don't compare now to 20 years ago..20 years ago you also had darker hair and was 50 pounds thinner. Not everything stays the same...............

Eddie Gig is retiring ..not running for the hills.......He wants to enjoy his family....Is that not allowed???? Is there a law he is breaking John?????????

PROUD MEMBER

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are only 2 new people running for the Executive Board on the Cordiello Slate. Which means the rest are running for re-election and there's the Experience I was referring to. As far as Eddie and Angelo running for the hills because they see the hand writing on the wall. First of all I hope you're wrong about the hand writing. Secondly, even if so why wouldn't they remain on the ballot and if re-elected ride it out and put 140K p/y in each of their pockets. To me it would make no sense for either to retire unless they have come to that point in their lives in which it is time to call it quits and enjoy the rest of their time.

Rock Steady

Gotta jump in here.  To much fighting going on amongst our members. No one here should try to convince any body else on how to vote . . . .PERIOD !  you vote the way u want to vote and that's that! Not to much to be proud of with the Cordiello slate. If your at top salary you are currently losing between 350 and 400 a month out of your salary. And from what I'm hearing we could lose even more even with the EPP.  That would bring us close to a $10,000.00 cut in pay.  That's quite a bit if your trying to put a son through college as I am, and one wanting to go to college. Cordiello was also part of the the administration that gave up parity which was big years ago. Also one of the biggest lies ever told to the membership.  But to his defense, he had his hands full with Bloomberg.  He was out gunned and out flanked. He definitely ran a terrible strike and his timing sucked. As far as the Salerno boys are concerned, I don't know. Not familiar with any of them.  But hey, what do we have to lose ?  I'm hearing we are gonna lose everything any way.  If u take away the vacation & accrual checks what do u have ?  McDonalds Pay ! I adjusted my life with those accrual checks for the past 25yrs.  The are included in my annual salary and my life, that would be a very big hit for me to deal with.  I don't want to hear "well u still have a job making 1,200 a week".  Go fuck yourself, I need my vacation and accrual, and so does my family. I put my time in.  So to sum it up, both slates have pros and cons. Lots of propaganda being thrown around. No one is out right wrong by voting either way. So lets stop the name calling and the cursing, John E. is a good guy who means well for all.  If you want to curse or yell at him you know where he is, go call him out personally.  Any coward could do it here.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on May 22, 2014, 07:46:12 PM
... even if Sal were still President he would not have been able to stop Bloomberg which is the direct reason we have taken all of the losses you mentioned ...

I'm not so sure about that. Sal was in office during Bloomy's first and part of his second term. Why didn't he go after us then? We ALL know damn well why. We had "connections" and even Rudy backed down when he threatened us with the same shit in the late 90's. But some of our members didn't realize where our strength came from (and still don't) and wanted to clean up the union. They started with the phone calls and the accusations and the rest is history.

Now the very ones who were responsible for the neutering of 1181 don't like the fruit of their wayward labors. But don't worry ... they're going to take care of it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.