623 votes

Started by 1union, June 16, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

Does anybody know why these votes are being held? My opinion the union mailed them they should be counted.

PROUD MEMBER

1union
Even though I voted for Michael and am glad that he won (at least for now) I still have to agree with you. If there is a legal reason (which obviously the Union believes there is) that these 623 or even 423 ballots should not be counted then all the members are entitled to the answer. This answer should not be second hand (as from a shop steward), it should come from Michael himself. This Local has been through enough the last year & a half. We all need to be United behind our President whoever he may be. Tell us the reason so at least we can make our own opinions and get on with the business of making this Local prosperous. We need to put the BS behind us.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 16, 2014, 02:53:39 PM
This answer should not be second hand (as from a shop steward), it should come from Michael himself.

Well, I afraid that's all you're going to get ... on this website anyway. Ernie is going up to the new union hall today to get an explanation from Michael.

If you want to hear it from Michael, I guess he would address it at the next meeting.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I see nothing wrong with that. As long as Ernie states "This is what Michael said" as opposed to Ernie saying this is my opinion. And that's not to say that I don't respect his opinion but in this circumstance we don't need opinions we need facts. As always Thanks Buzz.

1union

I stand by our elected President and want all the bullshit that flying around  to stop we need him to send a letter in writing to all property s and let's fight opt not each other.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 16, 2014, 04:29:09 PM
I see nothing wrong with that. As long as Ernie states "This is what Michael said" as opposed to Ernie saying this is my opinion. And that's not to say that I don't respect his opinion but in this circumstance we don't need opinions we need facts. As always Thanks Buzz.

While Ernie was up there I made a point of calling and he gave the phone to Michael. There are 279 unopened votes that are not eligible because those people have not paid dues for 2 months or more for whatever reason ... went to a non-1181 company or whatever. Salerno wants them counted. (Ridiculous ... right?) There are 207 unopened that ARE eligible but because they were not on Salerno's list he doesn't want them counted. (Equally ridiculous.) There are an additional 115 votes being contested for reasons he did not make clear to me.

I can tell you this ... according to Michael, appeals will probably take 6 months to a year. Michael does not seem to be the least bit worried about the outcome being changed so I'm not going to worry about it either. Appeals are routine in close elections. My advice ... you don't have to take it ... is to let not your heart be troubled and let it go.

PROUD MEMBER

Unfortunately I have to say it sounds like a bunch of BS and here's why. IN MY OPINION if 279 ballots are not eligible because of lack of dues then those ballots should not have been sent out. If there are another 207 unopened ballots that are ELIGIBLE no matter whose list there on why weren't they counted with the other approximate 5600 ballots. The other additional 115 unopened votes well obviously a reason should be given. Thanks Buzz as you said its time to move on.

Grrr

[/quote]
My advice is to let not your heart be troubled and let it go.
[/quote]

Looks like you finally got that job at Hallmark.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Do 1181 members get a discount on Hallmark cards?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 17, 2014, 03:27:51 PM
Buzz
Do 1181 members get a discount on Hallmark cards?

Yes .... 7
½
%   ;D   ;D   ;D

terminator

Buzz-I would be that there is something in the Union rules that says if your not a paid up member you can not vote - case closed.

Buzz

Quote from: terminator on June 18, 2014, 04:05:21 PM
Buzz-I would be that there is something in the Union rules that says if your not a paid up member you can not voye - case closed.

Of course ... the by-laws say 2 months of unpaid dues makes you ineligible to vote.