How to beat the Red Light Camera system ... or not

Started by Buzz, June 07, 2011, 05:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

A rumor has been going around as to how one could prevent one's employer from receiving a red light camera summons that a driver incurred. Supposedly, if you went to the Dept. of Finance website and paid the fine within a couple of days, a summons would not go out in the mail.

Well, there is a page on their website where you can look up your bus, by license plate number, and see if you were indeed "caught" if you so suspect. And you could go ahead and pay it online if you wish. The rumor goes that being the fine is already paid, the summons won't be sent out and your employer will be none the wiser. Sounds good, right?

Wrong. After a couple of e-mails to the Dept. of Finance, I got the following explanation:

"I see your point, but unfortunately yes, it will send a notice.  The notice is for the registered owners records and says on it that if this notice has been paid to disregard it.  The computer sends out the notice at the same time that it posts it on our system.

Laurie
"

Now, if anybody doesn't take Laurie's word for it, you're welcome to try to disprove her statement by trying it out for yourself. Just be sure to report back to us the outcome.

By the way, apparently Raymond LaRoche, of the Salerno slate, was one of those to propagate, if not START, this falsehood on one of their radio broadcasts. He touted it as one of his many "secrets" and that if we wanted to know the others, we'd have to vote him in.

Thanks anyway, Ray ... but I guess we'll never know.  :rotfl:

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

It does sound clever.....if it worked I am sure we would have known this earlier from our elected reps. I will do as they say avoid the lights altogether.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

When la ROACH said we'd have to vote him in to find out his other "secrets" it made me think of Pelosi saying they'd have to vote for Obamacare to find out what's in it!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Eerily similiar....I wouldnt take any more chances,experience certainly proves there surprises cost you alot in your pocket! ;D
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.