Emergency EB meeting tomorrow regarding PAY

Started by Buzz, March 15, 2020, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

There will be an emergency Executive Board meeting for the purpose of determining how (and if ) we will get paid. Nothing certain yet. I'll keep you posted.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

I guess no one seen this coming.   What about medical also

wheresmymoney!

Should pay us.  Contract pays 39 weeks?? Pioneer gets paid for the runs so we should get paid.

Buzz

Just got this from our delegate: 85% pay to April 20th for all employees  with the exception of Easter week for new hires.

I also raised this issue with Ernie: Will those of us who get Easter week get full pay for that week? (Instead of the 85%.) He's going to try to get an answer to that at tomorrow's meeting.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on March 15, 2020, 11:48:08 PM
I guess no one seen this coming.   What about medical also

Medical good through the end of the month. Ernie will find about beyond that tomorrow.

The assumption is that being we're getting paid, albeit at 85%, that benefits will be deducted and we'll be covered, but we can never assume anything!

Numbers

It's f****** bullshit. 85 % is for a snow day. 39 WEEK GUARANTEE

wheresmymoney!

What if they end up closing for the rest of the school year? Were all still employed should get our pay plus our benefits...

Buzz

Quote from: Numbers on March 16, 2020, 01:35:18 AM
It's f****** bullshit. 85 % is for a snow day. 39 WEEK GUARANTEE

The union is aware they could have insisted on full pay.

They are also aware that the response could have been, "You know what? I'm shutting down. Let everybody go on unemployment."

The union would take him to court ... and win. In the meanwhile, we would have no benefits, and  who knows how long it would take to get our money? (Remember after the strike?)

I can't tell anybody else what to think, but I'm grateful for having benefits and getting 85% for staying home.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 16, 2020, 01:36:26 AM
What if they end up closing for the rest of the school year? Were all still employed should get our pay plus our benefits...

That will be discussed at the meeting tomorrow.

Numbers

Buzz, if I was a delegate ( or anyone else involved in the union) I would want everyone to be like you, so agreeable. I just think we are entitled to full pay & benefits for however long we are out. It's not like our douche bag boss can't afford it.

wheresmymoney!

Neils already been paid for all the work we do so it would be no problem for him just to pay us as the norm as these are extenuating curcumstances and we're real ppl with families still to support.  Just to throw some humanity in there.

rc1790

Even though it is better than unemployment, we should not have our pay cut by 15%. This is not a temporary snow type situation. It is projected to last for an extended period. The Federal government is working on payroll tax cuts which will help us as well as the owners. The companies should do the right thing for their workers who may face difficulties.The owners have their contracts regardless. If anything they should be doing more to help their loyal workers who took cuts the last time so they can be competitive. Remember the sacrifices made to help them. It's time they step up and help us.

Numbers

Well said rc, but Neil only cares about what goes in his pocket, not about his loyal workers or their families.

Buzz

Quote from: Numbers on March 16, 2020, 02:13:08 AM
Buzz, if I was a delegate ( or anyone else involved in the union) I would want everyone to be like you, so agreeable. I just think we are entitled to full pay & benefits for however long we are out. It's not like our douche bag boss can't afford it.

Hey, I agree that we're "entitled" to it but would you rather have the other scenario I laid out?

And you know it's not a question of whether he can afford it ... it's about the bottom line, period.

wheresmymoney!

Yeah well said lets hope Neil realizes this and steps up!