Emergency EB meeting tomorrow regarding PAY

Started by Buzz, March 15, 2020, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 18, 2020, 03:57:47 PM
We went from thanking Michael for his quick work on securing 85% pay to April 20th and Medical benefits to hold on to the end of the week before we learn if we have to file for unemployment.
I understand about being patient but WTF. What has changed from Sunday to today?

I should have made that more clear. I'm not sure that the person who asked about unemployment is not a new employee. Ernie did not yet have an answer as to whether they are included in the 85% til the 20th. That is specifically what my question to Ernie was and I failed to state that.

Sorry for the confusion ... and giving you a scare!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Yes Buzz that's what you have been saying all along up until this morning when you posted that Ernie said hold off on calling Unemployment until we see "if" we get a paycheck or not. You then said that we have until Sunday to make the call to Unemployment and Ernie said to wait to the end of the week to see what happens and he gives us more information. I don't know if they're ur exact words. Your post this morning put doubt into not only mine but other drivers that I spoke with today. That's why I called the Union. And even after hearing it from that woman at the union I still have my doubts because even though she said it without any hesitation that we are getting paid but still to this moment we have not heard directly from Ernie or Michael. How could she say it instantaneously and us not hear it from Micheal yet?

Buzz

I think I made it clear that I was not sure if the person asking about unemployment was a NEW HIRE ... and I failed to mention that in my reply. Sorry.

When we were told by Ernie that we'd be paid til 4/20, it DID come from Michael ... and the woman on the phone wouldn't have said it without hearing it from Michael either.

I have no reason to believe that has changed.

PROUD MEMBER

Ok just a little misunderstanding. Now a far as updating email addresses. Is that for ADP and/or Pioneer? I'm already on with the payroll company. I did that on my own but  would you know if Pioneer needs our email addresses also for future correspondences? If so, I called the job around 12:00 and there was no answer.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 18, 2020, 06:21:58 PM
Ok just a little misunderstanding. Now a far as updating email addresses. Is that for ADP and/or Pioneer? I'm already on with the payroll company. I did that on my own but  would you know if Pioneer needs our email addresses also for future correspondences? If so, I called the job around 12:00 and there was no answer.

It's for Pioneer ... yes, they want to be sure they have current phones and email. I think mailing addresses should have been included in that email being checks are going to be sent.

WigWag16

WigWag16

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on March 18, 2020, 08:11:09 PM
Yes I am a new hire since July 29th 2019

You're getting the same as everybody, 85% ... but not Easter week.