school busing

Started by steady, August 06, 2020, 12:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

This is what im saying social distancing the kids need more busses ull be surprised how many parents will be happy to send their kids to school bcz virtual just doesnt cut it. Especially the special needs kids!  And the kids moving up.to new schools.  quote author=Buzz link=topic=1996.msg11120#msg11120 date=1596823880]
I'm not really sure if the majority of parents are in favor of returning to the classroom. Many ore worried about safety. Also, 2 or 3 days a week plays havoc with their work schedules. Hard to establish a routine. Feel sorry for parents of school aged children, it's not going to be easy any way they go.
[/quote]

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 07, 2020, 08:18:08 PM
According to dumb Blasio 75% of 400,000 parents surveyed want to return to brick & mortar

If you can believe him.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Whether or not the amount of Special Ed buses stays the same, doubles or even triples it's really not a good thing and if it's considered good it's only partially good and that's only for the next 6 to 7 months. If we were to lose General Ed busing, no matter how many Special Ed runs there are there will still be members losing their jobs. Furthermore once a vaccine is found then the amount of Special Ed busing will go back to normal and at that time more members will lose their jobs. Lastly as we all know once something is taken away the chances of getting it back is slim. We need our Reps, our Membership and the parents to do whatever is needed to ensure that if this idea of removing Gen Ed busing is true to immediately put a stop to it before it takes place.

yabba

They will never do away with reg Ed.  It just may not work at this point in time. 

WigWag16

Guys we finally got great news today.....positive not negative going forward. Stop speculating off articles from the past

PROUD MEMBER

Yabba
I hear you but it's not an article from the past. There was another article today.

PROUD MEMBER

Sorry yabba I meant WigWag
And I'm not being negative. And being positive asking for assistance just in case. As I've repeatedly said ... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Buzz

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 08, 2020, 03:19:22 AM
Sorry yabba I meant WigWag
And I'm not being negative. And being positive asking for assistance just in case. As I've repeatedly said ... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I think we will be fine and not just have it for special ed. What I'm saying is I would rather hear it from someone in our union compared to going stir crazy from news articles. Decisions were made today and our union jumped on it given us positive information today.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 08, 2020, 03:52:59 AM
<iframe src=\"https://giphy.com/embed/U7JymJ7eHXM7S\" width=\"480\" height=\"361\" frameBorder=\"0\" class=\"giphy-embed\" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=\"https://giphy.com/gifs/eating-hungry-U7JymJ7eHXM7S\">via GIPHY</a></p>

Got any extra legs 🤣🤣🤣

PROUD MEMBER

I love it
I just watched that episode last night

PROUD MEMBER

The Mayor & DOE still leaving us and the parents in limbo with regards to General Ed busing. It's all bull shit and has nothing to do with COVID-19 as they state. I look at the numbers and the format for in-school learning and in my opinion the numbers don't lie. There is enough room to accommodate the Special Ed and General Ed students that will be in NEED of busing while adhering to social distancing. This is either about money, breaking the Union, money under the table, favors, etc. or all of the above. Give me 5 minutes with this Asshole on TV and I'd have him talking in circles in order to cover up his BS. Hopefully whatever scheme he's working on falls through and we'll have nothing to worry about.

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

It's just like when u take a survey or poll. If it's 26% of all students then I'd say it's got to be between 20 and 30% of bus students.