Very confusing predicament!

Started by OMG, September 14, 2020, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on September 15, 2020, 01:53:49 AM
I have kids on my bus that are going the full five days a week. I thought it was remote learning and Hybrid. I guess not for these kids.

Is this a non-public school?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on September 15, 2020, 02:25:33 AM
Quote from: sbdriver1 on September 15, 2020, 01:53:49 AM
I have kids on my bus that are going the full five days a week. I thought it was remote learning and Hybrid. I guess not for these kids.
You don't know that yet

He might. From what I've heard, the lower grades in catholic schools are going 5 days. (Those who did not opt for remote.)

hideout

Everyone is very eager to get back to work. But how in the world do we go to a Covid 19 training session and not one word is said on any steps taken to keep the drivers safe. Does the company care at all for any of us or is it all about the money? And what about all the safety recommendations that the union put forth a few months back? It is a very sad and pathetic time that we live in. Don't we care about each other as human beings. Again not one single word on what is being done for any drivers safety.

WigWag16

Quote from: hideout on September 15, 2020, 02:44:00 AM
    Everyone is very eager to get back to work. But how in the world do we go to a Covid 19 training session and not one word is said on any steps taken to keep the drivers safe. Does the company care at all for any of us or is it all about the money? And what about all the safety recommendations that the union put forth a few months back? It is a very sad and pathetic time that we live in. Don't we care about each other as human beings. Again not one single word on what is being done for any drivers safety.

I said It a few days ago it's going to be masks for the kids. It was said today the kids get mask, we get hand sanitizer lol so we have to provide our own masks, wipes, sprays, gloves I assume. There was no mention of us spraying the bus down after runs like we
Did in March. Also the paper says mask to face covering so if that's the case
I'm wearing a face shield and not a mask

sbdriver1

I had talked to all the parents and thats what they told me

Buzz

And what is the school's obligation when loading the kids at dismissal? I saw 3 aides today and they were told nothing about how many kids can go on a bus.

hideout

I think we are up to 53 teachers citywide that have already tested positive for Covid 19. I further understand that there was no mandatory testing before they went back into the schools. How could this be? Wouldn't testing before going back be just common sense? Am I missing something here?

Hammer2161

Unfortunately between the lack of actual guidance and or PPE supples and cleaning supplies this is setting up to be a total shit show.

I know at the refresher we were told that all buses were being deep cleaned and anything left on the bus would be thrown away. Well I got in my van today and it was a total disaster. Evidently an animal got on the bus there was stuff everywhere. It was obvious they did absolutely nothing.

They are setting this whole startup to FAIL !!!!

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 15, 2020, 03:57:20 AM
Unfortunately between the lack of actual guidance and or PPE supples and cleaning supplies this is setting up to be a total shit show.

I know at the refresher we were told that all buses were being deep cleaned and anything left on the bus would be thrown away. Well I got in my van today and it was a total disaster. Evidently an animal got on the bus there was stuff everywhere. It was obvious they did absolutely nothing.

They are setting this whole startup to FAIL !!!!

My seats had webs, button console was dirty. Didn't
Looked like it was hosed down at all MINUS the fact the turn signals didn't blink on the outside with two clip lights out as well. I was shocked all my stuff was there. At the end of the day it's shaping up to just look after yourself, wear a mask, wear a shield, wipe your wheel and console down and that's it

hideout

What I don't like is that today no one is held accountable for anything, except the drivers, rusted bumper, not enough band aids, ect. If it wasn't so ridicules it would be funny. But who is held responsible for keeping us safe, watching out for are well being, being treated with respect.  Are the buses going to be electrostatic cleaned each night as the BOE said would be done. Who will check on this. Who will enforce this. As a driver we are held to the most petty of rules while the rest of the system just isn't. None of these safety rules will be enforced except if a driver is involved. 

Hammer2161

So then I guess with all this confusion and lack of guidance and Pioneers failure to clean our buses as we were told they would. Along with what it appears will be a lack of PPE supplies and cleaning supplies what are we going to do as drivers.

Are we just going to accept it and say it's on us.  Or are we going to the union on a whole and asking what the fuck is going on. I as m sorry but it appears the further down the line we are in this return to school process the less concern there is for our safety.

This for sure is a cluster fuck !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 15, 2020, 12:35:45 PM
Are we just going to accept it and say it's on us.  Or are we going to the union on a whole and asking what the fuck is going on. I as m sorry but it appears the further down the line we are in this return to school process the less concern there is for our safety.

I'm thinking this: What option would the union have? I don't see that it would be any different than the teachers' union, a strike vote.

#1) It would be impossible to assemble anyplace under the current conditions to have a meeting to take a vote. I guess mail in ballots would be an option, but that would take weeks to happen.

#2) I think it would be a futile effort. After not working for 6 months, I doubt that even 20% of the membership would vote in favor.

Staten Island, with a large percentage of retired city workers with pensions and benefits, is an exception to the rest of the membership. For most of the rest of the city, THIS is their job and only source of income. They know they wouldn't even get unemployment for at least 2 weeks. (I believe it used to be 8 weeks, but that changed.) A strike right now would never happen. JMHO

Basically, we're fucked.

I don't know if it will help, but this might be an option:
https://labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/coronavirus-complaints.shtm

wheresmymoney!

Its just gonna be hand sanitizer and a mask done bring your own lysol.  Im going to work! No choice.

Hammer2161

I am not asking anyone to strike or even not to go to work.
But the truth of the matter is that nothing anyone has even remotely spoken about or promised has happened. We all attended the same basic refresher course and we were told that all buses would be cleaned and sanitized. I am hearing from many drivers that not only was nothing to their buses the buses are in worse shape then when we left on March 13th.

I guess asking for some type of respect is just PLAIN ASKING TO MUCH !!!!

Good Luck Everyone and May God Keep Us All Safe

yabba

we could not even get fuel today....what a laugh...monday is not going to be bad enough and now  buses on empty....