Extra 300 UI for NY approved

Started by WigWag16, August 24, 2020, 12:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

how will cuomo spin this, that he is responsible for the Extra $300 per week approved for New Yorkers

wheresmymoney!

Its says new York residents? What if work in NY and live in another state?

rc1790

The website says you file in the state you worked in the last 18 months.

yabba

Article in Staten Island. Advance also says this FEMA program (300.00) you must be laid off due to corona.   600. Was for all unemployed.  Now if you put lack of work.  ???? ... people who recently filed new claims.  Was there a corona option for being laid off. 

PROUD MEMBER

Yabba good point. I don't know if Unemployment will get that technically when the 300 actually goes into affect. Having said that it really affects everybody not just the people who open the new claims. I opened my book during the February week when we were off and there was no option for coronavirus, it was just the usual "lack of work"

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 24, 2020, 10:29:00 AM
Yabba good point. I don't know if Unemployment will get that technically when the 300 actually goes into affect. Having said that it really affects everybody not just the people who open the new claims. I opened my book during the February week when we were off and there was no option for coronavirus, it was just the usual "lack of work"

same here..and we recieved the 600 no problem.. i guess we will have to see...and as i see it after 4-30  we were laid off do to the chinese virus..

wheresmymoney!

Theres nothing on the dept of labor website and nothing on the news about this? Is it real news?

yabba

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 24, 2020, 12:43:54 PM
Theres nothing on the dept of labor website and nothing on the news about this? Is it real news?

On Aug. 8, 2020, President Donald Trump made available up to $44 billion from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to provide financial assistance to Americans who have lost wages due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On Sunday, the state of New York agreed to administer a lost wages program for its citizens who are unemployed due to COVID-19.

For four months, any New Yorker who was unemployed received an extra $600 per week as part of the $2 trillion federal stimulus package. The bill, known as The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, was passed by the Senate in March. The extra $600 was added to regular employment checks from the week starting April 5 through July 31.

this is how it is written    i guess we will have to see what NYS does...

OMG

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the federal government approved $400 extra and all the states had to contribute was 25% of that, With that being $100.

Hammer2161

OMG they changed the requirements last week that is why NY applied. States no longer have to kick in the additional 25 percent but the payment is a flat 300. Not sure how long it will last either I kind of remember reading it was only good for like 4 to 6 weeks.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 24, 2020, 04:02:40 PM
Not sure how long it will last either I kind of remember reading it was only good for like 4 to 6 weeks.

That's as long as the money they're tapping into is expected to last. So, if it's retroactive to the beginning of August it will just about be exhausted by the end of the month.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Unemployed New Yorkers will get $300 extra a week under the Lost Wages Assistance program. The program will be retroactive to the beginning of August, a Department of Labor spokesperson said.

"We are diligently working to update our systems so we can administer the Lost Wages Assistance program and deliver supplemental benefits to New Yorkers as quickly as possible," the spokesperson said.

wheresmymoney!

Has anyone formally said how long extra money will last? Doesnt seem right that 4 weeks would be it??

yabba

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on August 27, 2020, 11:27:30 AMa
Has anyone formally said how long extra money will last? Doesnt seem right that 4 weeks would be it??

i been reading so much its hard to know whats real.... one thing that is certain (it seems).. this money is coming from FEMA disaster relief fund,and this hurricance can use up all the money fast... another point is the first batch of money is approved for 3 weeks,and then will have to be approved weekly... also will not see any monies until 2nd week of sept at the earliest..  again there is so much info out there i cant tell you what is true or not...

Hammer2161

There is no exact time frame as to when the 300 dollars will end. It's a 44 billion dollar fund made available from FEMA money. It will depend on how many states file for it and get approved. I believe we were the 14th or 15th state to be approved. So looking at it objectively I doubt it will last very long.

yabba

there is a tweet from department of labor with the up to date info regarding this 300.00 payments...im  not good at copying and paste...it is availible on twitter.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.