under the bus film

Started by gigi11744, June 23, 2013, 12:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

Last night showing was pretty good... film was outstanding... turn out was kind of low but that was to be expected ..new venue at the park slope film festival july 27  4:30 pm ...freddies @627 5th ave @ 17st ... make the attempt  :thumbup:

worker341

Why do we have to always get second hand information. Found out today more people took buy out for $6,000.00. What a joke! On the window there is all kinds of bullshit notes,I don't see anything about summer work or buyout being posted does anyone see these notices if so I stand corrected. Why oh why are we always left in the dark when it comes to us. Shame on our asshole boss who does what he wants and how he bends all the rules for himself . 1181 Stand up to this asshole  boss we work for. Stop the cheap buyouts and replace them with people that have been layed off not new cheap working shapes. Please post all whats happening in our garage so we all have a chance to jump on or off the band wagon. So please post it, let us not be in the dark about anything. Summer work, Buy outs, How much do we get paid for summer work etc.

1union

WoodHaven has made the deals already they tell you what they want and dont have the balls to come down on an announced visit stand if front of us. Let's hope we survive and get some good Union brothers to clean there mess up and get us back on our feet. Tell the office to stick the 4hrs up there ass after taxes you won't see much but the scumbag that's steeling our will get a nice fine if no one covers. Why are we making it easy for the company scumbag to fuck us over an over good union leadership would not let this happen!  Enough is enough  speak up stop saying shit ain't going to change and protect our job before its to late!

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on June 24, 2013, 04:26:35 PM
WoodHaven has made the deals already they tell you what they want and dont have the balls to come down on an announced visit stand if front of us.
We all want to hear what we want to hear. If they had anything new to tell us, I'm sure they would. Don't see how there will be anything in the way of news until July 9.

Quote from: 1union on June 24, 2013, 04:26:35 PMTell the office to stick the 4hrs up there ass after taxes you won't see much but the scumbag that's steeling our will get a nice fine if no one covers. Why are we making it easy for the company scumbag to fuck us over an over good union leadership would not let this happen! 
They could stick the 4 hours up their ass ... or they could TELL you to do it and give you NOTHING extra.

If it weren't for Ernie, what people are now getting 4 hours for would still only be getting an hour.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

worker341

A shop stewards job is to make sure the rights of workers are not violated. If he feels they are he informs the union and they will have a hearing to see if a workers rights were violated and then take action of the issue whatever it may be. When things are done like one hour to cover runs or 4 hours ect. it was done from the union big wigs not ernie. Ernie is a worker just like us if he were to lose an election he goes back on the bus and does work just like us. Ernie does a very good job reporting to the union hall. thats is what he has to do and he does just that. So went changes are made good or bad the union makes that decision. My point is stop breaking his balls. He does the job the way it is to be done. If you do not like what is going on in this garage call the union if you do like things in our garage call the union, get it. if you feel your rights are violated talk to Ernie he will check it out and report his findings to the union for you. Give the the guy a break he is one of us and for us .He is not a Boss.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on June 25, 2013, 01:43:37 AM
... When things are done like one hour to cover runs or 4 hours ect. it was done from the union big wigs not ernie. ..

I know you're not bashing Ernie but you are absolutely wrong about the 4 hours. It was ERNIE who did that ... nobody else in the union had anything to do with it. Ernie may be the low man on the totem pole, but he is our strongest link and nobody in the union has more balls than he does.

Ernie also arranged for Tuesday to be the last day for the people who took the latest buy-out, but they will be paid for Wednesday as well. Ernie did that ... nobody else.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on June 25, 2013, 12:36:21 AM
July 9 postponed     :bomb: :bomb:

I'll take your word for it but where did you get that info? Don't see anything on the local's website.

terminator

Ernie is the BEST union rep there is...period. As Buzz said they could give you nothing he got us 4hrs. It doesnt matter if your like me and dont want the 4 hrs - the point is he got money for someone that HAS to do it. 

Rock Steady

Ernie, if you're reading this, go take a nice long relaxing vacation and leave your cell phone home, you deserve it.