Claim Unemployment 2/24/19

Started by Buzz, February 24, 2019, 12:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Don't forget to file a claim if you didn't work last week or if you did work but made less than $450.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Carlos eveillard

Good afternoon folks are we still waiting on contract

sbdriver1

I would love to know what's going on with the contract.

yabba

Quote from: sbdriver1 on February 27, 2019, 12:47:12 AM
I would love to know what's going on with the contract.

i gave up with the contract...so much bull chit its not even funny anymore...  and we just sit back and watch our pensions get destroyed,,,

Carlos eveillard

This is crazy they taking too long with this contract

Buzz

Again, we can't get a contract until the owners have a contract with the city ... and they still don't.

Carlos eveillard

sbdriver1

Then why did they say there was a tentative agreement? They said the lawyers had to look over the wording.

yabba

Quote from: sbdriver1 on February 28, 2019, 04:24:14 PM
Then why did they say there was a tentative agreement? They said the lawyers had to look over the wording.

more BS....  we should be able to review it and vote once the contractor inks his deal with city..   this membership needs to open our eyes...

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on February 28, 2019, 04:24:14 PM

The tentative agreement is between the union and the owners. But the owners have not signed their contract with the city yet.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on February 28, 2019, 04:39:27 PM
more BS....  we should be able to review it and vote once the contractor inks his deal with city..   this membership needs to open our eyes...

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I can think of is whatever the owners finally agree on with the city could possibly change our "tentative" agreement in some way. They wouldn't want to present something to us and then have to tell us it changed. I have no idea if this is really the case but it does seem plausible to me.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on February 28, 2019, 04:59:02 PM
Quote from: yabba on February 28, 2019, 04:39:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I can think of is whatever the owners finally agree on with the city could possibly change our "tentative" agreement in some way. They wouldn't want to present something to us and then have to tell us it changed. I have no idea if this is really the case but it does seem plausible to me.

you make a lot of sense buzz... i  see and agree with your point....  im just looking at this mess ...   dozens of meetings... we getting nowhere....  strike vote...  talks again   some progress... millions short in medical.... progress halted... oh wait a miscommunication in medical $$...  big meeting...strike adverted  tentative deal reached...   lawyers putting wording on paper over 30 days ago...  now 8 months no contract... and new blood needed pronto to help stop the bleeding of all of our pension fund....   so yeah its seems all bs to me... sorry

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on February 28, 2019, 05:09:56 PM
you make a lot of sense buzz... i  see and agree with your point....  im just looking at this mess ...   dozens of meetings... we getting nowhere....  strike vote...  talks again   some progress... millions short in medical.... progress halted... oh wait a miscommunication in medical $$...  big meeting...strike adverted  tentative deal reached...   lawyers putting wording on paper over 30 days ago...  now 8 months no contract... and new blood needed pronto to help stop the bleeding of all of our pension fund....   so yeah its seems all bs to me... sorry

It is bs, yabba ... but all on the part of the owners. They have stalled this thing all along and the ball has been in their court. The only alternative the union would have is to make us walk ... and I am thankful they have not taken that course. The owners have made it clear from the start that they couldn't care less if we went on strike and we'd only be playing into their hand. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

sbdriver1

Why even mention a tentative agreement when the owners don't even gave a city contract yet? It doesn't make sense.

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on March 01, 2019, 04:19:19 AM
Why even mention a tentative agreement when the owners don't even gave a city contract yet? It doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't it make sense? The union reached a tentative agreement with the owners. They have no control over what happens between the city and the owners.

sbdriver1

If their is no deal with the city, then there's no deal with the union