Easter Adjustment Delayed

Started by Buzz, April 08, 2020, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Email from Pioneer:

Dear All Pioneer Employees,

Due to the Coronavirus crisis, the Department of Education has fallen behind in paying for our services. Although we are committed to paying 100% of Easter pay  as provided in your collective bargaining agreement, payment for Easter will be made as soon as we receive our funds from the DOE which we are advised will be on or prior to April 22. We recognize the hardship this may bring to you and your family however we are unable to fund your wages without our payment from the DOE. We assure you that we will pay the Easter check as soon as the funds are received.

Please be advised that you will still be receiving a payroll check this Friday, April 10th, in the same fashion you did last Friday.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

So I assume we aren't getting a check for the 17th, so does that mean next time we get paid we are getting two checks to make up for the 17th?

wheresmymoney!

Please explain??? Do we get unemployment????

wheresmymoney!

So I know I sound like an idiot so we won't get paid on the 17th????? Then we have to file claim on the 19th but will get easter check on or at 22nd?????? Please explain??? Buzz...help

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on April 08, 2020, 05:21:28 PM
So I assume we aren't getting a check for the 17th, so does that mean next time we get paid we are getting two checks to make up for the 17th?

Huh? Nobody's getting a check for the 17th ... everybody's claiming unemployment.

If you're asking when we will get paid for THIS week ... ending the 12th ... that will be on the 24th.

WigWag16

So then why aren't we claiming for the 12th if we aren't getting a check on the 17th?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 08, 2020, 05:34:02 PM
So I know I sound like an idiot so we won't get paid on the 17th????? Then we have to file claim on the 19th but will get easter check on or at 22nd?????? Please explain??? Buzz...help

Okay ... Easter adjustment (accrual) checks will be paid by the 22nd.  And, no, nobody gets paid on the 17th ... we're claiming unemployment of the 19th. The pay for THIS   week will be on Friday, the 24th. Capeesh?

I have just been advised that it will be just the opposite. There WILL be a check on the 17th (for the week ending the 12th) and NO CHECK on the 24th.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on April 08, 2020, 05:39:48 PM
So then why aren't we claiming for the 12th if we aren't getting a check on the 17th?

If you were hired since 2013 you will claim on the 12the and the 19th. Everybody else claims on the 19th only. There is no pay for the week ending the 17th. We would normally be paid for this week on the 17th but being we're claiming unemployment it will be paid on the 24th.

WigWag16

So I'm hired since July 2019....am I claiming on just the 19th or the 12th and 19th?

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on April 08, 2020, 05:46:55 PM
So I'm hired since July 2019....am I claiming on just the 19th or the 12th and 19th?

The 12th and the 19th ... see my other post about this.

http://1181drivers.com/smf/index.php?topic=1863.0

Buzz

By the way ... not only is the city late with the Easter adjustment, but they are late with this week's payroll. Neil is making payroll this week OUT OF HIS POCKET.

Please, no negative comments like "he can afford it." He didn't have to do it but he did so there would be no disruption in our weekly pay. He could have just made us wait like the city is making him wait.

THANK YOU, NEIL!

Buzz

I have just been advised that it will be just the opposite. There WILL be a check on the 17th (for the week ending the 12th) and NO CHECK on the 24th.

WigWag

wheresmymoney!

Thanks everyone its. Its very confusing!  Buzz Neil thank you!

hideout

Thanks Neil that was a very nice thing to do on your part.