NYC Schools closed

Started by interman, November 18, 2020, 10:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interman

Just heard all NYC  Schools  Closed till further notice.

docjones

About 2pm they announced it. Still trying to figure out if we need to still go in to get paid. last time pioneer didn't send emails or phone anyone that they needed to show up to get paid...The office doesn't know anything at this time is what i heard.

Buzz

Ernie's waiting for answers. Let you know as soon as I do.

You would think the DOE would have automatically made it known whether non-public schools are getting service. Unreal.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 18, 2020, 10:21:19 PM
Ernie's waiting for answers. Let you know as soon as I do.

You would think the DOE would have automatically made it known whether non-public schools are getting service. Unreal.

amazing right...no answers....even Stevie Wonder seen this coming,you would think the question and answer session would have taken place 

OMG

I didn't see this coming, I thought for sure they would keep schools open knowing how important it is for the kids to be in school. I think this is a political stunt! I can see them may be closing bars and restaurants and limiting those places, but not schools.

WigWag16

First off my opinion is it's a total joke to shut the schools down.  they aren't super spreading. It's only 0.18 percent that's nothing and the city threshold has to go to like 4.5, 3 is way too low. It's all scare tactics due to the holidays.

Now I've said this once we got back to work that Pioneer, and the Union should have let us know a "what if" plan if the schools are closed for two weeks or a month as far as pay, insurance and if non public schools are getting serviced. Here we are 6:30 and nobody knows If they are going in for their Catholic or Jewish school run. Me personally I have until 3 to find out if I'm working RJJ but the people who have to drive the kids in NEED to know like yesterday. Can't be pulling this last minute stuff. We should have known the second we went back to work a what if plan

faceit

Here's a what if for you  "what if we had someone who knew what they were doing to run this city "
All lives matter

WigWag16

Quote from: faceit on November 19, 2020, 12:19:41 AM
Here's a what if for you  "what if we had someone who knew what they were doing to run this city "

Yeah DeBlasADOUCHE, and Fredos older brother don't do it

yabba

they going to get the school opened quickly...lol.. there is a powerful union to satisfy and  they will drag this out for a very long time...

faceit

Quote from: yabba on November 19, 2020, 12:33:20 AM
they going to get the school opened quickly...lol.. there is a powerful union to satisfy and  they will drag this out for a very long time...
we know that's not 1181
All lives matter

Buzz

"United Federation of Teachers union president Michael Mulgrew has said the shutdown needs to stay in place until rates fall steadily for at least a week."

Yeah, and don't think he's not the one calling the shots.

https://gothamist.com/news/breaking-nyc-public-schools-shut-down-city-surpasses-3-threshold

Hammer2161

And still nothing about bus service for Catholic and Jewish Schools ?

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 19, 2020, 01:11:25 AM
And still nothing about bus service for Catholic and Jewish Schools ?

Called Ernie a few minutes ago. Couldn't talk to me. He's in a Zoom meeting where they're still trying to figure out which way is up.

Hammer2161

This is fucking insane !!!!

wheresmymoney!

I don't understand why we don't know anything yet.  I really hope they don't take away our benefits again! And make us go back on unemployment! quote author=WigWag16 link=topic=2216.msg13318#msg13318 date=1605741328]
First off my opinion is it's a total joke to shut the schools down.  they aren't super spreading. It's only 0.18 percent that's nothing and the city threshold has to go to like 4.5, 3 is way too low. It's all scare tactics due to the holidays.

Now I've said this once we got back to work that Pioneer, and the Union should have let us know a "what if" plan if the schools are closed for two weeks or a month as far as pay, insurance and if non public schools are getting serviced. Here we are 6:30 and nobody knows If they are going in for their Catholic or Jewish school run. Me personally I have until 3 to find out if I'm working RJJ but the people who have to drive the kids in NEED to know like yesterday. Can't be pulling this last minute stuff. We should have known the second we went back to work a what if plan
[/quote]

PROUD MEMBER

For those of you who do not receive emails Pioneer has sent out an email stating that even though public schools are closed all employees are to report to work tomorrow and Friday

hideout

Just got an email from Pioneer. It says that all drivers are to report for work this Thursday and Friday.