We Work on Saturday Too?

Started by Buzz, June 10, 2021, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Did you get this email from the company?

To all Drivers and Attendants;

This Saturday, June 12th you will receive an email from Pioneer Transportation with instructions on how to complete the mandatory training in support of the Vision Zero initiatives put forth by New York City. The training will be conducted virtually (from your home) and the email you receive will contain a link which will bring you directly to the video training session.

In order to receive credit for attendance you must:

1.      View the video on Saturday, June 12th

2.      Once you've completed watching the video you must reply to the email you received from Pioneer. In the body of the message please include your full name and "I have completed the Vision Zero Training". The email must be received on Saturday, June 12th.

3.      Complete an attestation form which will be available in the driver's room on Monday, June 14th. It's very important that you fill out the form CLEARLY.

In the event that you do not currently receive emails from Pioneer Transportation please update your email and cell phone number immediately. Forms will be available in the drivers room and must be received by Noon on Friday, June 11th.

Finally, we anticipate an additional virtual training session will be scheduled on Saturday, June 19th.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Pioneer Transportation Management
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

Are we getting paid and what time is this happening?
All lives matter

Buzz

To the best of Andy's knowledge, we will get paid 4 hours and can watch it any time Saturday.

PROUD MEMBER

I spoke to Ernie and he said we will get 4 hours pay.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on June 11, 2021, 12:29:11 AM
Anyone know how long the video actually is?

Nah ... just let it play while you're doing something else.

Buzz

BTW ... I'm told you can watch it (play it) any time Saturday up to midnight.

Poor advice from someone who is a "Senior Driver"

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on June 11, 2021, 02:54:56 PM

Poor ability to detect sarcasm from someone who is a number.

faceit

I don't hear any better advice from Junior Either.
All lives matter

Quote from: Buzz on June 11, 2021, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: 04012013 on June 11, 2021, 02:54:56 PM

Poor ability to detect sarcasm from someone who is a number.
That number is the date we were persuaded by our union officials to give up our financial future, Senior employees , or your commonly used term "Legacy" as well as the  New Hires!!

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on June 11, 2021, 11:40:52 PM
That number is the date we were persuaded by our union officials to give up our financial future, Senior employees , or your commonly used term "Legacy" as well as the  New Hires!!

Riddle me not. What's your beef? That contract sucked?  Yeah, it did suck. But what was the alternative? Did you join us after that date?

PROUD MEMBER

Watched the entire video. Wasn't bad. Mostly all general knowledge things that all drivers should already know. Basically it was like a Refresher Course. I did learn one thing about a front tire blow out (at high speed) that I do not recall from any training before.

TheKid24

Watched the video at midnight then emailed the company back I watched it. It was 1 hour 36 min basically showing you how to do a pre trip inside and out, making turns, defensive driving in cold weather and how to react to a blow out tire. When you click the link it brings you to YouTube to watch the video.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 12, 2021, 10:42:57 AM
Watched the entire video. Wasn't bad. Mostly all general knowledge things that all drivers should already know. Basically it was like a Refresher Course. I did learn one thing about a front tire blow out (at high speed) that I do not recall from any training before.

Seems it was directed to very new drivers, but I agree about the front blowout information. New to me and good to know.

Just kind of silly though. How will anybody know you actually watched the video? Also, can we do one of these every week for 4 hours pay?   :rotfl:

PROUD MEMBER

I believe there may be another one this coming Saturday. If you read the first email we received on Thursday it says an "additional" video possibly on June 19th. With regards to how will anyone know if you actually watched it, I don't know but with today's technology you never know. Also besides us emailing Pioneer back that we actually watched it, I believe when we go in Monday morning we will have to sign an attestation. So be careful!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 13, 2021, 09:15:50 AM
With regards to how will anyone know if you actually watched it, I don't know but with today's technology you never know. Also besides us emailing Pioneer back that we actually watched it, I believe when we go in Monday morning we will have to sign an attestation. So be careful!!!

I actually did watch the whole thing. I was just stating the obvious. (OK, I had 2 windows open on my PC and was playing Words With Friends at the same time, but still ...  ;D)

Anybody else notice the video was actually posted on Friday, June 11 and is still online today?

Bad faith 1181

Maybe sompary informs Ernie working Saturday Sunday are not acceptable too many consesions