Summer Work - Dry Runs

Started by Buzz, June 28, 2021, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As per Andy: You must do a dry run PRIOR to the day your run starts. It must be done in a bus and you must fill out a trip card.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

And did Andy say that you must get paid. And if so how many hours. It's very important for unemployment purposes.
If for some reason we are not getting paid at all then when you claim unemployment you will put down that you only worked one day.
If we're getting paid but only getting four hours for the day then whether you are a senior driver or a junior driver then you will put down that you worked two days.
If we get paid 8hrs for the dry run then most junior drivers will still be able to say they only worked two days but unfortunately for senior drivers we won't be able to claim at all because 2 full days pay is more than $504.

TheKid24

I heard we had to do the dry runs BY THURSDAY...I went in today Monday(6/28) I did my dry run. Went back to the office told Bob about my time changes. I asked Bob so are we getting 4 hours for this he said I don't know they just said fill out a time card lol. I mean they gotta let us know by Friday if we are adding the extra 4 hours or not to our unemployment claim Sunday. Also I asked do we have to do multiple runs he said no one is good or if you need to do more feel free to do so.

TheKid24

Anyone know who to go to and how about getting a highway permit ?

PROUD MEMBER

Usually Owen but while you were there you  should have asked Bob

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 29, 2021, 12:41:23 AM
Usually Owen but while you were there you  should have asked Bob

Got it thanks

Buzz

Andy said 4 hours won't affect unemployment.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on July 01, 2021, 04:05:58 AM
Andy said 4 hours won't affect unemployment.

I know BUT it's a matter of are we putting it down or not on our claim because if we do that's an extra 4 hours Pionneer pays us at 12 hours if not it's just 8 Pionneer pays us, so we need to know that by Friday the latest are we putting down the 4 hours or not in our claim

PROUD MEMBER

Unless something with unemployment has changed when you go to certify for your weekly benefits, when they ask you how many days you worked during the week you will say two. Which is the truth. Even though you only got paid for 4hrs you still worked that day. THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY but if I were working it's exactly what I would do.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 01, 2021, 01:14:57 PM
Unless something with unemployment has changed when you go to certify for your weekly benefits, when they ask you how many days you worked during the week you will say two. Which is the truth. Even though you only got paid for 4hrs you still worked that day. THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY but if I were working it's exactly what I would do.

They changed it to hours worked not days anymore

faceit

Did you read the notice on the window when you went in to do your dry run it said 0-4 hours worked you claim for all 5 days 5-10 hours worked you claim for 4 days 11-20 you claim for 3 days
All lives matter

TheKid24

Quote from: faceit on July 01, 2021, 02:51:31 PM
Did you read the notice on the window when you went in to do your dry run it said 0-4 hours worked you claim for all 5 days 5-10 hours worked you claim for 4 days 11-20 you claim for 3 days

I'm aware of that BUT they need to let me know if I'm adding those 4 hours or not to my claim

PROUD MEMBER

Unless I'm missing something here it's kind of obvious you're adding the four hours to your claim and you're going to put down 12 hours which would be 4 hours for the dry run and 8 for Friday, July 2. So according to the notice on the board it would be 11 to 20 hours and you would claim 3 days.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 01, 2021, 04:24:25 PM
Unless I'm missing something here it's kind of obvious you're adding the four hours to your claim and you're going to put down 12 hours which would be 4 hours for the dry run and 8 for Friday, July 2. So according to the notice on the board it would be 11 to 20 hours and you would claim 3 days.

Well are we definitely getting the 4 hours for the dry run? If we are then there's no issue of me putting 12 hours, IF NOT then I gotta put 8.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 01, 2021, 04:24:25 PM

I gotta hope now I get 8 hours for Friday because my schools told me this morning they are starting on the 6th not the 2nd as written oh my run sheet and I was told to still come in tomorrow to fill out a card....