Bummer: Last Day's a Full Day

Started by Buzz, June 03, 2022, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just realized that the last day of school is a FULL DAY again! I thought they did it last year just because it was such a fucked up year and so many days had been lost. But now ... what? Is this the norm? Ridiculous. They do nothing for the whole last week, what's the sense of the last day being a whole day?  Surprised the teachers aren't bitching.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag

Don't know how true this is but heard we're getting paid for a full week just for working that one day.

LMR

It's the 39th week.We're guaranteed 39 weeks in our contract.

Kid24

Quote from: WigWag on June 03, 2022, 10:59:47 PMDon't know how true this is but heard we're getting paid for a full week just for working that one day.

Not the new hires lmaooo...things looking good for that new contract

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on June 03, 2022, 05:04:40 PMJust realized that the last day of school is a FULL DAY again! I thought they did it last year just because it was such a fucked up year and so many days had been lost. But now ... what? Is this the norm? Ridiculous. They do nothing for the whole last week, what's the sense of the last day being a whole day?  Surprised the teachers aren't bitching.

Ohhhhh I'm sure they are lol. There was one year like 7 years ago school was Monday off Tuesday halfway Wednesday for the last day

Golfnut

Having the last day a Monday is what's aggravating me !

Buzz

QuoteDon't know how true this is but heard we're getting paid for a full week just for working that one day.

Well, we're supposed to get a full week's pay ... for those who are guaranteed 39 weeks, anyway.

Buzz

QuoteHaving the last day a Monday is what's aggravating me !
Next year the last day is on a Tuesday. Better?  ;D

faceit

All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

I was told that those that are under the old contract are DEFINITELY getting paid for the entire week (39th week) even though we'll only work on Monday.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 04, 2022, 04:08:06 PMI was told that those that are under the old contract are DEFINITELY getting paid for the entire week (39th week) even though we'll only work on Monday.

Has to be ... else we'd surely get it in arbitration. But I don't think there will be any need for that. It's not being contested as far as I know.

Golfnut

Quote from: Buzz on June 04, 2022, 02:34:11 PM
QuoteHaving the last day a Monday is what's aggravating me !
Next year the last day is on a Tuesday. Better?  ;D
Tuesday is Mondays ugly Sister !!!

PROUD MEMBER

If the last week of school is the 40th or 41st week then I rather the last day be a Monday every year. This way senior employees get a day's pay and a full week unemployment. If we work two days then we only get two days pay and NO unemployment.

Buzz

QuoteIf the last week of school is the 40th or 41st week then I rather the last day be a Monday every year. This way senior employees get a day's pay and a full week unemployment. If we work two days then we only get two days pay and NO unemployment.

How do you get a full week of unemployment if you worked a day?

You'll get 3/4 of you usual benefit if you work one day.

That's how they getcha'.

PROUD MEMBER

I thought under the new unemployment format that was instituted in recent years that instead of asking days you worked it asks hours you worked?
And I believe the first option is
0-10hrs.
So I'm assuming that as long as you work 8hrs and don't make more than $504 for those 8hrs that you will be able to get ur day's pay and still be able to collect $504 from unemployment.