1181 letter

Started by yabba, March 13, 2013, 10:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

if you go to the 1181 website and read the new letter on negoitiation ...lol.. meeting on 4-4-13...get ready guys and girls  :bomb: :bomb:.... im glad we striked for 5 weeks for our leadership to write a letter like this to us...

Buzz

Guess you're referring to the "Negotiations Update" ... http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/info-negotiation-update.pdf

Realistically, yabba, what do you expect them to say... "We got them on the ropes, boys"?

Let's face it ... we shot our load ... now what? What recourse do we have? Go on strike again?

Without the EPP, we're fu#ked. The way I see it, the union and contractors are never going to come to an agreement on their own. It'll probably end up going to a mediator. Whatever he deems reasonable is what we get ... or I should say, what we lose. And all we can do at this point is lick our wounds and say, "Thank you, sir."

Then we have to hope that we get the EPP back, either from Albany or a new mayor, and can make a comeback. Hopefully our upcoming contract will be short one and we won't have to live with it too long.

If that doesn't happen, those who can might want to consider retiring, collecting their 1181 pension, and going to work for Fred for $1000 a week.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

"... companies who employ a substantial number of our members, appear to be losing money."

Really? Maybe companies who appear to be losing money have handed over their other set of books.  :devil:

hognol

If that doesn't happen, those who can might want to consider retiring, collecting their 1181 pension, and going to work for Fred for $1000 a week.

Fred won't be paying anywhere near that if the EPP is gone and the lowest bidder comes in at $450.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on March 14, 2013, 09:07:24 PMFred won't be paying anywhere near that if the EPP is gone and the lowest bidder comes in at $450.

Yeah, you're probably right.

bug

I don't think you can collect your 1181 pension and work for another company in the industry

Moose

if its a non union company i dont see why not

Moose

i would not do it anyway

Buzz

I believe Moose is correct ... as long as it's not an 1181 company. (Actually, up until a few years ago, after age 70 you could continue working for the 1181 company you were at and collect your pension.)

topgun

Can't you sleep Buzz, You were up at 4:24 :yawn:

Eucerin

are you able now to collect a penison and work after age 70 from 1181?? ....."up until a few years ago, after age 70 you could continue working for the 1181 company you were at and collect your pension"

bug

http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/annual-cert-2012.pdf            This link will show you where it says you can't work in the industry.

Eucerin

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on March 17, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
are you able now to collect a penison and work after age 70 from 1181?? ....."up until a few years ago, after age 70 you could continue working for the 1181 company you were at and collect your pension"
No, not any more. I believe Artie Beaty (sp?) was the last one.

Buzz

Quote from: bug on March 17, 2013, 07:31:36 PM
http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/annual-cert-2012.pdf            This link will show you where it says you can't work in the industry.

Never knew ... thanks.

(Guess you'd have to work outside of NYC.)