UP DATE ON RUNS

Started by Ernie, August 22, 2013, 12:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

The runs will be coming down tomorrow from Bd of Ed.I will be at Pioneer hanging them up with Andy.You can view runs on Fri 6-2,Sun 6-2 and Mon 6-2.And pick will start on Tues 8-27-13 9:am.

The updated seniority list will be hung Thursday 22,2013

Rock Steady

Why only until 2 O'clock, isn't that kind of early ?  Shouldn't we get a full week to view the runs ?

Rock Steady

Only 3 days to view the runs and only between those hours ?  Why ?

4real

Haha Rock you think we matter, that's funny

Air_Brakes

Ernie,
Due to some people being on vacation until the pick, will the runs be posted for viewing on Tuesday after the pick beyond  2 PM?

Squid

The whining never stops :cry2:. One person thinks 18 hours is not enough time to pick a run :rolleyes:, the other goes on Vacation till the evening before the pick.  The pick dates were posted before the last week of work in June, Do you really think its a good idea to leave yourself in that position? There are much more pressing problems at Pioneer than this nonsense.

Rock Steady

Correct Squidward, the pick dates were posted before the end of school.  But we usually have more than 3 days to view the runs and make a list to pick.  Thursday, Sunday, and Monday between the hours of 6 & 2 is unheard of for a few hundred people to cramp into a small space . . . . . . .Think !  Any one who's been around a while will tell you that.

Ernie

First off the reason the runs are posted for such a short time:  You can thank the DOE, we just received the runs today. Thursday the 22th. If we would have had them earlier, we would have posted them at an earlier date.
Second response is reason for 6:00 AM to 2:00PM: Shop closes at 2:00PM, So, I chose to open the driver's room for the time that Steve will allow us to view the runs, due to the shop being on summer schedule. On Friday 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. No one is there on Sat. And sun Steve will be there from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Response for the extended time for runs posted:  Monday the room will be open from 6:00 AM till 4:00 PM.The office staff resumes normal office hours on Monday, giving us extra time to view posted runs. We will continue that time frame till pick is completed.
Also an update regarding the NLRB. On the 20th the NLRB attorneys, employers and local 1181 appeared before the Federal Judge, both sides gave oral arguments on the request for injunctive relief. Based on unfair labor practices that 1181 filed. Based on all arguments we should be optimistic in the ruling coming down to be in our favor. All will be informed when final decision is rendered.
That being said, as we all know it's been a very long haul and as I have repeated my words several times. "The wheels of justice spin slow" So, please let's all stick together and prove that we are the professionals and nothing less.
Thank you,
Ernie

Just_Right

Think...
If you have been around as long as most.YOU would know the runs come to Pioneer when the DOE is good and ready. I have been here a long time and NEVER has the DOE done anything on time or in consideration for any driver or matron.
I am sure the runs go up as soon as Ernie and Andy get them.They are more anxious to get them done in consideration for fellow co workers.

mirrorcheck

Its the DOE.. They are a joke. If they were a private business they would be closed!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

worker341

Hey people Ernie is the best shop steward we ever had, been here a long enough to know that. stop the shit and cut him some slack, he is not here to wipe your nose, get your ass in, pick you run and do the job.

1union

Thanks Ernie for the info! Hope all is well  keeping my fingers crossed!

faceit

hognol

Can someone advise the total number of runs?

terminator

Ernie always posts the runs to give us as much time as possible to view them. He can only work with when the yard is open. He even gave us the court update too! Thanks Ernie!

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on August 23, 2013, 05:44:55 PM
Can someone advise the total number of runs?

We lost 20 special ed runs. There are now 300 regular and 43 special ed = 343 runs total.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.