Inspection 3/12

Started by Eucerin, March 09, 2014, 02:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

Goose623

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

terminator

Here we go - wonder how much money they are looking to collect!... :))

gigi11744

Any woman who crawls on the floor of a bus to check heaters under the rear seats,and to check wires under dash in my mind should be commited...just my opinion.. But then again on her last job she may have been on her knees allot

PROUD MEMBER

Gigi
With regards to your last post. First of all the woman inspector is just doing her job. Secondly with regards to her last job I'm sure all the female drivers & matrons really appreciate your comment. Lastly I would have to assume there are a FEW politicians, DOE & OPT(including inspectors) and parents of the very children that ride our buses that read what is on this site. So to all of MY LOCAL 1181 SISTERS and anyone else who may take some of the comments posted on this site as offensive, I APOLOGIZE. Sometimes my fellow brothers & sisters (including myself) have what is called brain freeze or may just say something that they think is funny but is not taken by all as a joke. I've been driving a school bus for a good amount of time and from what I see the overwhelming majority of Drivers & Matrons of Local 1181 are as Professional as they come! AS ALWAYS EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION AND I RESPECT THAT. THIS IS MINE.

Goose623

Oh please they do it to justify there jobs.. There is a checklist of what needs to be inspected and some of these inspectors go way beyond what is on the checklist just to give violations.. Every time there is an inspection they come up with a new offense without notifying us of what it is...

Buzz

Right, Goose. I didn't think gigi meant that comment as a ridicule of women, but rather of inspectors who will go to any length to find something ... anything ... to issue a violation for. Sometimes I wonder if these people are paid bonuses for finding violations, or meeting a quota. Some of them ... men and women ... definitely look like they need the money.

PROUD MEMBER

"BUT THEN AGAIN HER LAST JOB SHE MAY HAVE BEEN ON HER KNEES ALOT"  ... Do you really think that is appropriate and not a ridicule?

terminator

I dont remember checking the wires of the heater under the seats being on the DMV exam...or at least it wasnt on mine!
Maybe i forgot because it was so long ago...lol

Grrr

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 17, 2014, 05:37:33 PM
"BUT THEN AGAIN HER LAST JOB SHE MAY HAVE BEEN ON HER KNEES ALOT"  ... Do you really think that is appropriate and not a ridicule?

Gigi was referring to her previous job as a carpet installer.

I think it's disgusting how your mind immediately went to an impure thought. 

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

When we were on strike nobody was joking around and EVERYBODY was talking about PROFESSIONALISM. Now we're Rolling On The Floor Laughing because a Woman was doing her job. Yeah we're real professional. I'm done with this conversation .

Buzz

Dude, lighten up. Doing your job is one thing. Being an anal bitch about it is something else. He made an off-the-cuff comment about an over-zealous inspector.  He didn't kill her first born. You're making way too much of this.

Buzz

BTW, have you been a driver long enough to remember when inspectors were professionals and treated us as such? When they dressed in suits and didn't look like they just rolled out of a cardboard box? No bullshit violations like you have now. They were fair and we shared a mutual respect for one another. That is no longer the case ... unfortunately.

PROUD MEMBER

I really wanted to drop this subject but your missing MY point. I've been around long enough to see the difference in inspectors. Basically in a nut shell how years back they looked & were Professional as you say. That is my point. As a Local 1181 Brother or Sister acting, speaking and portraying 1181 as Professionals. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with talking about the way an inspector does their job whether it be positive or negative. I take Pride in my job but certain comments not only reflect negatively on me but the entire Local. Remember the oath we took when joining this Union. I'm not making a big thing and I'm far from perfect. I'm just trying to remind My Brothers & Sisters to be careful especially in the next two months. Whether you agree with me or not every little thing can either help or hurt the Future of this Local.

hognol

We took an oath when we joined this union?